Book In Advance
Tours from New Orleans School of Cooking tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience New Orleans School of Cooking
from US$147,34
from US$99,30
from US$30,00
Reviews (4 533)
4 426 results
3 932
3 932
All reviews cooking class jambalaya chef kevin bread pudding abita beer bananas foster pecan pie cooking tips artichoke soup great class kevin belton great chef learned how history lesson creole cooking iced tea learn how
388 - 393 of 4 426 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Friends had recommended attending a demonstration at the New Orleans School of Cooking but after looking at the calendar we decided to try the Hands-on class instead and we are extremely happy we did. Matt was an excellent chef instructor and started the session with an overview of New Orleans history that was both interesting and informative.

The cooking itself was easy to follow and fun. Our dishes were : Gumbo, Shrimp and Grits and Banana Foster crepes. If I had attempt the gumbo at home, I would never of had the delicious end results I achieved here. Just understanding the importance of the roue and how it develops flavour as it darkens, not to mention that I would never had let it darken that far, ensures that when I try this at home, I have a much been sense of how it all should go.

Each group had their own cook top so everyone got to have a hand in cooking their dishes themselves. So much better than other classes I have taken where each group prepares different dish.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My boyfriend and I had such a great time at your demonstration class. The history of food is very interesting and it’s fun to see all the ingredients come together for a yummy meal. This was my second time attending this class and it didn’t disappoint. I will come back again when I return to New Orleans.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The class was informative, entertaining and very tasty. We are ready to take another class. Great idea to try products they sell in store to see which items you really like.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

What a great 2 hours! Learned some great basics and am ready to try at home. Staff was excellent and made the class so enjoyable. Delicious!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Our demonstrator, Pat was a wealth of information! Her delivery of the history coupled with the cooking was extremely entertaining and made the experience fun. The food was delicious!! I will not soon forget the wonderful experience of sharing with 4 others in our party the knowledge, food, and fun. Thanks for a great time.