“Great experience”

New Orleans School of Cooking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We teach the basics of Louisiana Cooking in a way you’ll never forget. Fun is a primary ingredient in our kitchen! Our Cajun / Creole experts teach New Orleans specialties such as Gumbo, Jambalaya and Pralines, seasoning them with history, trivia and tall tales! We offer demonstration classes and hands-on classes daily! DEMONSTRATION CLASS: Watch, learn & eat! Sit back and enjoy watching our skilled, entertaining chefs prepare a classic Cajun / Creole meal for you while learning about the vibrant history of New Orleans cuisine - enjoy all the demonstrated items, as well as local Abita beer with your meal! HANDS ON CLASS: Cook & eat an authentic Louisiana meal! In this highly interactive class, our guests prepare a complete dinner with one of our expert chefs, and afterwards they are able to sit down and enjoy the meal they have just created. Served with red & white wine.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift

Host was very knowledgeable and friendly! Exceeded our expectations. Well
Worth the price. Would definitely do this again. Great for couples and large groups.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (4 179)
All reviews
"jambalaya"
in 624 reviews
"chef kevin"
in 164 reviews
"demonstration class"
in 143 reviews
"bread pudding and pralines"
in 113 reviews
"great fun"
in 123 reviews

107 - 111 of 4 181 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friends had recommended attending a demonstration at the New Orleans School of Cooking but after looking at the calendar we decided to try the Hands-on class instead and we are extremely happy we did. Matt was an excellent chef instructor and started the session with an overview of New Orleans history that was both interesting and informative.

The cooking itself was easy to follow and fun. Our dishes were : Gumbo, Shrimp and Grits and Banana Foster crepes. If I had attempt the gumbo at home, I would never of had the delicious end results I achieved here. Just understanding the importance of the roue and how it develops flavour as it darkens, not to mention that I would never had let it darken that far, ensures that when I try this at home, I have a much been sense of how it all should go.

Each group had their own cook top so everyone got to have a hand in cooking their dishes themselves. So much better than other classes I have taken where each group prepares different dish.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I had such a great time at your demonstration class. The history of food is very interesting and it’s fun to see all the ingredients come together for a yummy meal. This was my second time attending this class and it didn’t disappoint. I will come back again when I return to New Orleans.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The class was informative, entertaining and very tasty. We are ready to take another class. Great idea to try products they sell in store to see which items you really like.