“Best BBQ in NOLA”
Review of Blue Oak BBQ

Blue Oak BBQ
Ranked #129 of 2 122 Restaurants in New Orleans
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I'm from Alabama, so I know BBQ. The ribs are awesome, super good with the mac n cheese. Bar had a nice whiskey selection. Felt like everything was reasonably priced. I'll def be back.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I'm picky about BBQ and this is among the best I've had in Louisiana. The pulled pork is amazing. The sides were good. The ribs are good, not great. You order at the counter and they bring your food to the table. Limited seating inside, but lots outside.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

LATE ENTRY: Had an AMAZING meal here on my last visit to NOLA! If you're looking for some great brisket, you will find it here! The sauces perfectly complemented the meal (I was definitely a fan of their mustard based sauce). The sides were really good - especially the baked beans! Definitely a must visit outside of the quarter (only about $7-9 Lyft or Uber ride from the Quarter depending on where you're staying) if you're looking for great BBQ!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Let's start with the good. The sides, mac and cheese was tasty. The only Brussel Sprouts I ever eat are from Blue Oak. Outstanding. My wife and I got the rib platter. The bark on the ribs was black, dark black and overly crunchy. My only thought was over cooked. We will be back because all our other visits have been good. Disappointing for Fathers day though.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This place has pretty good food. Especially if you're tired of seafood and other local eats. The mac and cheese is very good. Collard greens were fantastic! We would recommend to others who enjoy good bbq.