“Great Stay at La Maison Marigny”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 397 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
LoveUnlim...
“Great Stay at La Maison Marigny”
Reviewed 20 April 2010 for a stay in April 2010
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at La Maison Marigny for the French Quarter Festival. It was our first trip back to Nola since before the hurricane. We had a wonderful stay, loved our room and the proprietor, John. We felt very at home there. It's in a great location across the Esplanade from the French Quarter and is close to Frenchman Street where there are many jazz clubs. We'd love to go back as soon as possible. New Orleans has such a wonderful and special energy and La Maison Marigny contributed to our great experience.

DavidCinB...
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Very nice bed and breakfast at a good rate!”
Reviewed 4 April 2010 for a stay in March 2010
person found this review helpful

An enjoyable stay overall with a nice knowledgeable host and a great location. For $130, we got a pretty guest room (yellow color scheme) with fairly small but adequate bathroom, nice furnishings, great cleanliness, New Orleans tour guides, television and DVD player, etc. We really liked the B&B overall and enjoyed meeting other guests, John, Diego and Joy the housekeepers and even neighbors. (Neighors recommended Frenchmen Street for music and it was great!)

I did know about tripadvisor until other guests mentioned it but I am a fan. The reviews are spot on. If you want a great location and a nice inn, check out this one.

jaynjay14
St. Louis
“Wonderful home away from home near everything in New Orleans!”
Reviewed 18 March 2010 for a stay in March 2010
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful stay at this B&B! John was great at giving ideas and recommendations and he even made a reservation at one of his favorite restaurants for us. The B&B is very clean and beautiful. We stayed in the owner's suite and it was very comfortable. We were surprised when we arrived to find out that it was on the first floor by the kitchen, which worried us because we thought we might be awakened early. But then we discovered that breakfast didn't start until 8:30, so we were not awakened too early. The location was ideal and it was very quiet. We will definitely recommend this B&B to all of our friends and family!

jbarryChi...
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“We are from New Orleans and could not have picked a better place to stay”
Reviewed 22 February 2010 for a stay in February 2010
people found this review helpful

We Stayed at La Maison Marigny B&B during Mardi Gras this year. We normally stay at one of the "big" hotels, but will not be doing that again! This B&B was the best place that we have ever stayed in New Orleans. It is an excellent value for the price. It is conveniently located at the foot of the French Quarter.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left (boo hoo), we felt like we were guests in someone home! John was the most hospitable host and greeted us upon arrival and each morning with the most delightful breakfast! I wish that I had some of those muffins right now!

We stayed in the "Owners Suite" and it was so comfortable and charming. It looks exactly like it is portrayed on the the website and furnished with a "real New Orleans flair".The B&B was fully occupied during our stay, but we felt like we had the whole house to ourselves.

Although we are from New Orleans and didn't really need suggestions on places to see and eat, John was really great in offering the other guests great local tips. He gave them all of the right ones. He is well connected in the community and can answer any questions that you may have about the area.

The courtyard was such a wonderful place to wake up to and have a good cup of coffee.
I can only imagine how it will look in the Spring and Summer when everything has grown out from a long cold winter this year. I can smell the magnolias and sweet olive just thinking about them. A most tranquil water fountain will capture your thoughts as you sit and relax.

John does an excellent job in maintaining the property and making you feel at home. We will definitely return and have already decided to stay there next Mardi Gras. We will not wait that long to go back though. Can't wait for our next visit.

Hat's off to you John! You have a wonderful B&B.
Jim & Jack

aphasiala...
Tampa, Florida
“I can't wait to go back!!”
Reviewed 4 February 2010 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

I was in town for a rather large conference. I loved the location of this B & B. The walk to the trolly through the tree lined neighborhood was a pleasant one. A couple of days I actually walked the 11 or so blocks to Canal Street before hopping on the shuttle to the convention center. I would not recommend walking alone at night, though that might be a temptation. Remember, no matter how beautiful the area is, it is still a big city and one must always use good sense and all due care.

John was a wonderful host. I have stayed at many B & Bs over the years (It is an addiction for which I have yet to find a 12-step program) and this was the 1st that gave me a business card listing the name and number of a local taxi company, name address and phone of the B & B and his number, in case I needed it. John had wonderful suggestions for local eateries. He recommended a small burger place, The Port of Call, a block over on Esplanade that was fabulous. I swear it was the best burger I have eaten in my life! I still tell people about it. My travelling companion and I decided to only eat at places recommended by La Maison Marigny. We did not have a bad meal the entire trip. Granted, it is NOLA, so bad meals are hard to come by, but using the list, I actually discovered a couple of new favorite places.

The room was spacious and very comfortable. We had the Balcony Queen and, therefore, a great view of the street below. The windows opened onto a balcony. It was cold during the evenings we were there, but I still sat on the balcony in the mornings to rock in the rocking chair and start the day slowly. I went to a couple of late conference sessions, so I actually had a chance to eat the pastries that John made in the morning. They were very tasty and the atmosphere was unhurried. The kitchen was open all night, so if I wanted a snack or beverage at anytime during the day or night, I could have one. I loved that. I am a college instructor and needed to check in on my students at least once. There is a computer there for the use of the guests, so I did not have to lug my laptop with me. Loved that as well.

When it was time to leave on Sunday, my travelling companion and I decided we wanted to go to the Gospel Brunch at The House of Blues (not to be missed!). That meant we would be leaving later in the day, after the usual check-out time. John was headed to the Saints/Buccaneers game. He told us to leave the keys in the mailbox on our way out. Which we did. We didn't have to sign a waiver or pledge our 1st born.

The biggest disappointment was not meeting Dewey. I think he is a figment of John's very active imagination ;-) Kudos to them both for a stellar operation!

Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Colleagues
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$750
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing