“Convenient and Charming”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 397 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
seano2140...
Annapolis, MD
“Convenient and Charming”
Reviewed 20 October 2008 for a stay in October 2008
person found this review helpful

We stayed for 5 nights and got the Romantic Getaway Package, which was a nice deal. We found the location extremely convenient. John was an attentive host and full of input for where we should visit and eat; he even included his own map of favorite places. Breakfast was a great way to start your day. The rooms were clean and a nicely decorated and just as large as a hotel room. Amazingly, we were just a few steps from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street, but this part of Bourbon Street is a quiet neighborhood. I have already recommended this place to a few people and will probably stay again.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: No hot tub or jacuzzi
Visit was for: Romantic getaway
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
debnandy
Capitola, CA
“Gem in the Jazz District!”
Reviewed 25 August 2008 for a stay in August 2008
people found this review helpful

I loved this small B&B in the Marigny, just outside the French Quarter. The place was well-decorated and my room was quite spacious (the suite). I was glad to have free use of the living room computer and the refrigerator (with complimentary sodas). The innkeeper was friendly and full of information, and very understanding when one of our party unexpectedly canceled.

It was a short walk to everything - I especially loved the nearby jazz clubs and restaurants on Frenchmen's Street and appreciated being a couple blocks from the French Quarter without the noise and chaos. The streetcar which connects to the convention center and the Garden District was also only a few blocks away. Their custom map of recommended restaurants and clubs came in handy many times.

Breakfast was simple (in accordance with New Orleans B&B rules) - but there was always fresh fruit and home-baked muffins, along with the usual cereal, yogurt, juice, milk and my favorite, chicory coffee. The only downside for me was that the airport shuttle doesn't stop there so I had to take a cab or walk to a hotel in the Quarter. But, I more than made up for the cab fare with the good deal on the room. Yes, I would definitely stay here again!

Liked best: great hospitality
Liked least: lack of airport shuttle
Visit was for: Business
HAH26
CHICAGO
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed 16 August 2008 for a stay in August 2008
people found this review helpful

Since I had never been to New Orleans I researched online and this place was recommended. It was truly a wonderful place to stay! John's hospitality is beyond a 5 star rating. Upon arriving he helped with luggage, printed out a map, and explained the "need to know" basics of the city. If you are traveling alone, or with a significant other, its a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are spacious enough to spread out and make it your own for the time you are there. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful, with something new each morning freshly made. Thanks again John and look forward to staying with you again in the future.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Personal service given to all the guests.
Liked least: DNA
Visit was for: Hobbies / interest / culture
DesertWon...
Palm Springs, California
“Always excellent”
Reviewed 25 July 2008 for a stay in April 2008
people found this review helpful

I live in southern California but visit Louisiana often as I work in both the northern and southern parts of Louisiana as well as eastern Texas. Whenever I'm in New Orleans I stay at La Maison Marigny. The house is a very cool older home with great amenities and wonderful bedding, plus John is a lot of fun at breakfast-time. They know how to treat guests.

Location is pretty good too. Walk everyone from this one location. For those with cars, free parking on the street--just ask for a residential parking guest pass.

creolechi...
Massachusetts
“You didn't lie...I loved my stay at La Maison Marigny.”
Reviewed 24 June 2008 for a stay in June 2008
people found this review helpful

I had the pleasure of staying at La Maison Marigny during my recent trip to New Orleans, which is also my birthplace. I chose to stay there because it is within walking distance of the art museums, shops, and restaurants but also in close proximity to the Mississippi River---so I could just go sit and watch the barges go by while listening to the street musicians for as long as I wanted.

The neighborhood was peaceful and the residents in the community were very friendly. And, I absolutely enjoyed meeting and talking with Frank, the very warm and gracious house sitter who filled in for John on the first day of my arrival. He made me feel so comfortable, at ease, and 'at home.' Thank you again, Frank.

That being said, I don't know where to begin in describing John's hospitality, humor, and the good conversations we shared over breakfast. (I've been waking up in the morning lately with a craving for his lemon poppy muffins and a hot cup of coffee!)

John also possesses a vast knowledge of New Orleans and what's going on there in regards to entertainment. His recommendations for night clubs and restaurants were highly appreciated.

I've stayed at various hotels in the French Quarter during my trips back home...and they were very nice. Sorry, but they've lost a customer because from now, if there is room available, I'll be staying at La Maison Marigny.

Thanks John. You didn't lie...I loved staying at your B&B. See you soon.

Cathey G.

Liked best: Hospitality and service
Visit was for: Business
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing