“Always excellent”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 397 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
Palm Springs, California
“Always excellent”
Reviewed 25 July 2008 for a stay in April 2008
people found this review helpful

I live in southern California but visit Louisiana often as I work in both the northern and southern parts of Louisiana as well as eastern Texas. Whenever I'm in New Orleans I stay at La Maison Marigny. The house is a very cool older home with great amenities and wonderful bedding, plus John is a lot of fun at breakfast-time. They know how to treat guests.

Location is pretty good too. Walk everyone from this one location. For those with cars, free parking on the street--just ask for a residential parking guest pass.

creolechi...
Massachusetts
“You didn't lie...I loved my stay at La Maison Marigny.”
Reviewed 24 June 2008 for a stay in June 2008
people found this review helpful

I had the pleasure of staying at La Maison Marigny during my recent trip to New Orleans, which is also my birthplace. I chose to stay there because it is within walking distance of the art museums, shops, and restaurants but also in close proximity to the Mississippi River---so I could just go sit and watch the barges go by while listening to the street musicians for as long as I wanted.

The neighborhood was peaceful and the residents in the community were very friendly. And, I absolutely enjoyed meeting and talking with Frank, the very warm and gracious house sitter who filled in for John on the first day of my arrival. He made me feel so comfortable, at ease, and 'at home.' Thank you again, Frank.

That being said, I don't know where to begin in describing John's hospitality, humor, and the good conversations we shared over breakfast. (I've been waking up in the morning lately with a craving for his lemon poppy muffins and a hot cup of coffee!)

John also possesses a vast knowledge of New Orleans and what's going on there in regards to entertainment. His recommendations for night clubs and restaurants were highly appreciated.

I've stayed at various hotels in the French Quarter during my trips back home...and they were very nice. Sorry, but they've lost a customer because from now, if there is room available, I'll be staying at La Maison Marigny.

Thanks John. You didn't lie...I loved staying at your B&B. See you soon.

Cathey G.

Liked best: Hospitality and service
Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Solo traveller
Your age range 50-64
WavefanGS
Greenwell Springs
“My favorite place in New Orleans!”
Reviewed 11 May 2008 for a stay in April 2008
people found this review helpful

We live about 90 minutes from New Orleans and like to spend "long weekends" there. We have stayed in dozens of hotels and B&Bs and La Maison Marigny is our new favorite.

It is well-located, very clean and has a great owner. You can walk everywhere in the Quarter and to Frenchmen Street. The location is, in our mind, ideal. We like the "quick and easy" parking although I guess it's not for people with really large trucks since it's "on-street."

It's so much fun to chat with other guests while enjoying yummy muffins. I LOVED the lemon/white chocolate/blueberry combo. Fab!

Can't wait to visit again in the fall.

Chris and Mike

kcfatlant...
Atlanta
“Close, but quiet!”
Reviewed 4 April 2008 for a stay in March 2008
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed there last weekend for our anniversary and had a wonderful time! John is great with recommendations for restaurants, things to do and also has a lot of good history about the city being a long-time resident! We enjoyed seeing the city, especially post Katrina, and am glad we went. It's in great shape and full of activity! We felt right at home in John's B&B and look forward to our next visit.

Liked best: John's personality
Liked least: NA
Visit was for: Romantic getaway
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
lfendrick
Long Island, NY
“a place that feels like home”
Reviewed 26 March 2008 for a stay in March 2008
people found this review helpful

My husband and I took a short vacation to new orleans, and had a wonderful stay at La Maison Marigny. Let me start by saying that I was looking for a quaint bed and breakfast, in a quieter section of the city, but that was walkable to all of the major attractions. This B&B was just that. It is on a quiet street only blocks from the craziness of bourbon and the restaurants and jazz club on frenchman. We found the location to be ideal for what we were looking for. Having such a small place also made things seem very personal. John, the host, was like a friend, making us breakfast, and giving us advice on places to go. We also enjoyed having access to the kitchen, courtyard, and computer whenever we needed it. We stayed in the Queen balcony room and found it very charming. We loved having the balcony to sit outside and just relax. The dvd library was also great to have when we wanted to just stay in one night and watch a movie. We woke up every morning to the smell of something delicious baking (the nutella panini's were great!), and always looked forward to going back to the B&B after a long day of walking the city. The only small critique I had was that being a small place, sometimes when I took a shower in the morning, the pressure would cut out, or the hot water would disappear for a minute or two. This may have been because another guest was showering, or the dishwasher was being used. Either way, not a big deal, and what you expect in a place like home! All in all, we had a fabulous stay and would definitely recommend it.

Location Check-in / front desk
Liked best: The host and the personal experience
Visit was for: Hobbies / interest / culture
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing