“Amazing Service”

Ranked #182 of 953 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 October 2019

Food was amazing. Our waitress Erika was so hospitable and great waitress!! Definitely will be back!!

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (123)

Reviewed 13 October 2019

We have seen Cracker Barrel restaurants all around while on the road, but I had never been. Food is good comfort food for a reasonable price. Service is decent, although the night we were here, it was a little bit slow. The menu is varied enough to be able to meet most tastes. Price is reasonable. The old-time general store atmosphere is fun and nice to browse on the way out the door. We would recommend.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 11 September 2019

We have eaten here before and had great service and food. enjoyed the experience.
On Monday afternoon, that was not the case. We were seated fast,but went downhill faster. Our waitress came by on her way to the kitchen after 10 minutes, and said "I'll be right back for your beverage order". 5 minutes later she passed us again. on her way back,she again said "I'll be back for your beverage order". At this point we were going to leave,but she came over. we gave her our order and she left.
When she brought our food, we told her we needed silverware. she went to kitchen, but after 5 minutes,came back out with someones order but no silverware. At this point my wife went and told the hostess about it.when we got our to eat our foo it was warm ,not hot anymore. The manager came over and said he was sorry for this and gave us 50% off our bill. i told him they needed more help. there were at least 9 tables that were not cleared after people left.
We will not be back again.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 4 September 2019

You an always get a good, hearty meal here, never had a bad one yet. Their special of the day is always delicious. I personally LOVE the Coke Chocolate Cake - it is moist and super delicious!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 6 July 2019

I wanted to say that Cracker Barrel is usually a good place to have a meal in Madison (I’m referring to the East Location) but the last two times I have gone there it wasn’t a pleasant experience. We were seated right away and eventually a waitress came and took our drink order but it took awhile for her to come back with the drinks. She came back for the rest of our order but actually receiving the food took forever, which was our complain. The person I was with actually had a second drink and the food still had not arrived. Finally they left to try to track down the waitress to see if the food would be served soon. In the meantime we noticed that another ten minutes had gone by so they tracked the waitress down and eventually they spoke with the manager. I waited at the exit trying to figure out what other restaurant is close by but was told that the food has been served. It should never take forty to forty five minutes to get service. The food was good but it’ll be a while before I consider having Cracker Barrel anyway soon. No thank you!

It’s true, I’m one of those people that get online and post my complaints because of a bad experience because others need to know to be able to make a decision as to whether or not they want to eat there.

Date of visit: July 2019