All reviews volleyball net madison west west side great pool pool area would definitely stay here again complimentary breakfast king suite clean hotel excellent hotel staff was friendly great place to stay fresh fruit the breakfast area hot tub excellent stay front desk staff
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Excellent hotel of this class...newer property and kept extremely clean. Front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast area is spacious and one of the best in a Hampton I have experienced. Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, oranges, apples, and bananas) in addition to all the other hot and cold items. This stay was during several events in town and they handled groups well. Parking is adequate with some overflow in the back, lower lot. I actually stayed here twice in the same week/ weekend. Second time back was upgraded to a suite which was very nice and spacious with microwave and refer. I'll be back to this place and highly recommend to others when in the area.

Stayed: April 2013
7  Thank Dave S
Matthew H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Hello Dave S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that your breakfast experience was a pleasant one. We are constantly striving to improve the food items that we offer at our breakfast and it is encouraging to hear when our guests enjoy them. I will be very happy to share your comments with our entire front office team. Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West and we look forward to your next stay!

Matthew Hiel
Front Office Manager
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Great hotel of this class. Hotel was very clean as well as the room.

Trip was on a busy spring break weekend so the hotel was very busy, but really no problems from that. There was an expanded pool area for the kids, not part of our plans but looked great for that grade school age crowd.

The breakfast was typical continental with bacon, scrambled eggs and the make your own waffle plus typical pastry, fruit and cereals. No quality issues. A busy breakfast room with all the guests but it is actually one of the larger breakfast areas I have seen at a Hampton.

Close enough to Epic and not far from Madison campus. On the west end of the beltline at Mineral Pt exit. Parking out the front was full especially since there were several spots blocked by snow. There was more parking on the lower lot.

Will definitely stay here again when visiting the area, and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: We did the King suite and it was huge. There was a pull out couch and even if that was out still a huge room. This also had a nice kitchen area including fridge and sink. Don't think there was any dishes... Nice room. Upgraded against standard king for extra $20 didn't need but was a deal couldn't resist.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Budsboy520
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We decided to try this hotel for a quick, one night stay while we were in Madison. The place was spotless, and obviously newly renovated. While we didn't spend too much time in the hotel, other than sleeping, it left a great impression on us! The service at the breakfast in the morning, was amazing. There was tons of food to choose from, and the young woman walking around asking if we wanted water or a mint, was something we've never seen before!
We will definitely be back! Great job!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank A H
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Last week I had the distinct pleasure of staying the night at this superb hotel for business. My stay was absolutely perfect. From the kind, courteous, an dprofessional staff, to the meticulous, comfortable rooms and common areas, the exercise facility, the business center, and the breakfast buffet my experience was nothing less than exceptional.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Like scads of other travelers, I was here for a couple of weeks of training in Verona (you know who I'm talking about, I don't have to say their name!). Anyway, of all the hotels in the Madison area that are on the bus route, this is the place to be! Room is very nice, clean, quiet (one of the few places where I haven't heard endlessly banging doors!), breakfast is very very good, and best of all, it's the latest pickup to go to Verona, so you get 30 minutes of extra sleep!

The front desk has been incredibly nice and helpful. I only have two minor issues - one, the gap under the door is big enough that a decent amount of light comes in from the hall. I just rolled a bath towel and put it down there to block the light, and was able to sleep much better. Second, I had difficult getting the room cold enough to sleep - I like it around 67 degrees or so, and even with the thermostat pushed down to 65, it was still hot overnight. One night, I just turned the thermostat off entirely, and that seemed to work better.

I do wish the room had a fridge - eating out every night comes with a lot of leftovers that I have to throw away since I have no place to store them.

The shuttle is a great idea, but books very quickly - I had much more luck getting the shuttle to bring me back from dinner to the hotel than getting it to take me it dinner. I usually grabbed a taxi for that. And it isn't very near a ton of restaurants, so you will need a cab to take you somewhere for dinner.

But overall, this is a great place - I even had beautiful towel origami left in my sink for me by the cleaning staff! I have one more trip left, and I'm looking forward to it!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business