See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Very rude customer service. The gentleman behind the counter was very hateful rude on friendly I let him know that there was people outside blasting their radio at the end of the building on the second floor. Let him know there was another room with people outside hollering and everything he got nasty and hateful and told me he'll deal with it don't worry about it . I heard wreck it all the way up until after midnight .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

We are renowned for the wonderful service that we offer, and we apologize sincerely for the fact that you experienced rude service from any member of our team. We don't permit guests who are not registered in our room, but we are sorry that this was not explained to you in a more friendly, understanding manner. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future - we would love you to experience the hospitable service that we are known for.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The idea of staying at a super 8 sounds sketch - but for what I paid to basically be in a convenient location right off the freeway exit and have my dog...it was well above my expectation.
The rooms were modern looking - the carpet is a little on the grimey side, but thats just because it looks super dated. (You really shouldnt ever walk barefoot in a hotel anyway.)
The bathroom also looks a little old and dingy, but otherwise, everything was clean and accessible. They allowed me to keep my dog and specifically put me in a room that was closest to the grass and directly in front of a space i can park my car so that I would be able to see my car and not have to walk more than a few feet (since I am a female and was staying by myself).
Obviously with the cheaper rates, it can attract some sketchy occupants. But other than that, I really enjoyed my stay here!
I felt safe, clean and comfortable. I stayed in Madison as a getaway from Chicago and I was not disappointed. Great location, and close enough to the state parks that it was an easy drive.
if I ever go to Madison, I wouldn't even hesitate to stay here again - or realistically any other Super 8 in the future.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your very positive and detailed feedback - it is always wonderful to be considered a "gem"! We are delighted to have hosted you so successfully, and we are very happy to know that you would choose to stay at our property again in the future. We hope to welcome you back before long.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The motel is outdated which is fine in itself, but when you walk in and you can hear everything through the walls thats annoying. The tub in the shower had stuff all on the bottom i dont know if it was chunks of dirt or remnents of something else. The pool was dirty and had a film on the top like there filters werent working. Will not stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Gary, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We do have an older building, but we work hard to maintain and clean it to a very high standard, and we hope that this was noticeable to you. Our pool is regularly cleaned and is well-maintained, but occasionally a breeze can blow debris into the pool, and we are very sorry that this was unsightly for you - we will ensure that it is monitored more consistently in future. We are sorry that our hotel was not entirely suited to your needs, and that you did not have a better stay with us.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in other Super 8 before so on our way home we passed up other hotels and chose this one. What a mistake! Since we have health issues we request a 1st floor room. The man at the desk said there were no 1st floor rooms available. The parking lot was virtually empty and this was around 10pm. Luckily there was an elevator which was dirty and needed a cover over the ceiling light. When you get off elevator there are windows around corner of building they were so filthy you couldn't see out them. Room was ok until I turned down bedding and found a dead bug on the pillow and 2 dead bugs under the pillow!! In the morning we went for breakfast man at desk was pleasant breakfast items were plentiful and good BUT all the tables were dirty from previous diners. We were very disappointed and would surely have paid more for a better place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am sorry to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations and left you underwhelmed. We take all possible actions to improve our hotel and our service for our guests, and we will ensure that we take your observations on board. We sincerely hope that you will return to enjoy a better stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I will probably always stay here because I always like the way this place looks, not like the old brown Super Eights. It looks like a huge Southern Mansion and is the first sight when you drive into Madison. It's so large that you probably need a reservation. However, Wyndham should come in and have a look before they allow their name to continue. We always liked the pool in the summer, but it was June 2018 and the pool was not ready, a huge disappointment. The breakfast continues to go downhill. There are no longer any cinnamon rolls. There is no fresh fruit. Thank God for yogurt. The apple and orange drinks were water, until I told the man at the desk. They used to have white "skirts" for the beds, which gave a clean look to the bed. Now the skirts are colored. They probably need good help to clean to make changes. Someone had put their gum on the top bedframe, and no one had noticed. One good thing: They brought extra pillow quickly on request. Why do I stay? Sentimental I guess. I want this place to stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Scott V, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that the pool was not open during your stay. We had a few delays due to some mechanical issues. The pool is open now (weather permitting). The breakfast has changed per Wyndham as they are no longer able to maintain supply chains for the cinnamon rolls. They have left it up to the hotels to provide alternatives, which we are testing and changing as we get feedback from guests. We are always happy to hear suggestions from our guests as to what to include in the breakfast selections. We strive to give all of our guests a great experience while they are here and we hope that you will continue to come back and see that we take your feedback seriously.