“Very good fast food”
Review of The Hungry Greek

The Hungry Greek
Ranked #12 of 310 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We ate a late lunch at The Hungry Greek on Thursday, June 28, 2018. As fast food, this establishment is in the upper tier. As casual dining, it is below average.

Both of us ordered a gyro pita with just one side of potato salad to share. The gyros were quite meaty and very tasty, albeit a bit on the dry side because of an inadequate amount of tzatziki sauce. The love of my life adequately summed up the potato salad when she called it "institutional." It certainly had no Greek flair, and the potatoes were minced to such tiny pieces that it almost became a "mashed potato salad." Since it had very little flavor and since we received only about 1/2 cup for our $2.29 investment, I quickly experienced buyer's remorse.

The ambience of the restaurant definitely should be characterized as "fast food." The cleanliness of our table was questionable, and the single-serve plastic utensils and styrofoam drinking cups reinforced our perception. The pricing, however, is higher than one might expect in a casual dining restaurant with full table service. Therefore, the value is well below average.

If we return to The Hungry Greek, it will be on a Tuesday, when the gyros apparently are sold for $4.95 instead of the $6.99 we paid. Learning from our experience, we'll order some extra tzatziki sauce, and we'll choose a different side dish. Oh, and we might also take along a fly swatter.

1  Thank bcl208

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

While vacationing with my children we visited The Hungry Greek. They had never eaten Greek and was leery. The manager came out and let them sample.
The Greek salad was delicious, their potato salad was good and don’t like potato salad , gyros are fabulous. My son got the Caesar chicken wrap and had to have an additional one to go because he liked it so much. The baklava was great too. The hamburgers were great... and the kiddie burger was huge too. Service was great. Very friendly. A must visit

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Went for lunch when in HS, very clean space. Fresh ingredients, tasty greek traditional food. Hummus was good, the gryo plate was very good.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Hands down, best hummus I've ever eaten - and I've eaten a lot of hummus. The food was made quickly and was delicious. I had a chicken wrap and my sisters both had chicken pita "sandwiches". Highly recommend if you want something lighter for lunch and if you don't want to go to a restaurant with table service.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Well I had the unfortunate experience overheating at the Hungry Greek restaurant, I love Gyros, I decided to give it a try here I am a local oh, so I went to the Hungry Greek I always thought that it was a tourist place well I guess I was right I ordered a gyro sandwich and that's all I wondered no extras paid 8 plus dollars for it it, now the sad part is I actually had Gyros from Arby's when they were having the 2 for 6 special and unfortunately Arby's was actually better of course this is my own review but if you're going to have something to eat and you're going to charge that kind of money please make sure that it is a great sandwich especially if you're not going to get any sides with it and we have to pay 8 plus dollars!

1  Thank Cecil S