“Lovely homely spacious home”
other travellers have booked this property
garden Main House
Entrance
Bedroom
View from Balcony
Garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Joanna M
“Lovely homely spacious home”
Reviewed 25 September 2018 for a stay in September 2018

2 families enjoyed a 2 night stay in this lovely home with great views overlooking the golf course. Very clean and lovely margarite made us 2 fabulous dinners!
Would highly recommend

25 Sep 2018
Thanks
FellowTra...
“Our booking was cancelled by owner without notice to us!”
Reviewed 12 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018
person found this review helpful

In early Feb 2018 my family (4 people) made a booking to stay at this place 6 mths in advance, it was confirmed by the owners by email stating "pay on arrival". Directions were also provided. Sadly on arrival on 22 Aug our 1 night was not available and the owner had decided to give our booking to another family and they were staying for more than 1 night.
After a long day of travelling this was a big disappointment to us & we were not made to feel welcome by the housekeeper or the owner (by phone). Our family plus driver had to find alternate accommodation at last minute and expense.
It took the owner some time to apologise for his error and put the blame on his poor communication because apparently "pay on arrival" does not mean pay on arrival at the venue but pay on arrival in Sri Lanka. If this was the case why did he not communicate with me again or give me the bank account details so that I could make payments. During the 6mths there was no communication from the owner.
After some discussion, owner finally offered to pay the difference in costs in getting another place. I had to chase up this payment many times to get this money paid into my Australian bank account. He ended up stating that he was not keen to pay to a foreign bank account. The last communication by email from the owner was "I am willing to refund but in Sri Lanka to a local account or to a London Bank account. That is the option. You are a tourist and I am giving you two options. I will not reply anymore and this is the end of the road unless you give me one of the options". I then had to find a Sri Lankan bank account- most tourists will not be able to do this.
It was a nice home but beware of the issues when booking. Since then he has told me that I should have contacted him 3 days before arrival to ensure all ok. This then should be in the first confirmation email. I also know other family members that stayed here and they did not contact prior to arrival. Our circumstances were unfortunate but I can assure you I will not book this venue again.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
12 Sep 2018
This person never contacted me for six months and then turns up. She was informed to make the payment on Arrival in Sri lanka. As she was hoping to.make the payment locally any payments will be made locally
I never cancel bookings except when no contact is made or payment not received.
I am sorry for the inconvenience but I know the fault lies with both sides.
Her admission the place they paid with airbnb was bad and expensive
Is a good comment on my place.
I like everyone is entitled to a mistake
Nuwan W
Maharagama, Sri Lanka
“I've booked this place once again...”
Reviewed 4 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

I have booked this glorious place once again for the second time. We stayed here on 25th to 27th December 2017. There were 16 family members, including four kids.
As usual, Mathavi warmly welcomed on arrival and treated with a hot-hot cup of coffee. During the stay, Mathavi and her assistant have provided us a great service by cooking our favorite meals on demand, preparing the BBQ and helping us to get it done.
As I have mentioned one of my previous reviews, this glorious place is a hidden Gem in the middle of Nuwara Eliya Town. Climate was 16 at noon and 10 at midnight. As heater available as a valve added service, we have taken only one for one of our family members fit a bit too cold during the night.
Apart from that everything was normal, and we enjoyed the stay at Lowson's Ridge once again. I will book this place for the next time too.

Nuwan W
Maharagama, Sri Lanka
“Wonderful and Peaceful Stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2017 for a stay in April 2016

What a nice place to stay in a busy town! I have booked this Bungalow for two nights for 10 of us. (The booking was done five months prior to the stay!) It was a fantastic stay. Even though situated heart of NuwaraEliya, there was no distance from the surrounds. The caretaker, Mathavi has done a great job providing us delicious food, whatsoever we requested. Tried to book for the second time in this August, unfortunately it was booked-out. Hope to book for next vacation in 2018.

Pros: Middle of the town. Easy to access to may places.
Cons: Driver accommodation is not available.

Your age range 35-49
Niroshi P
“Very Comfortable Home”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The Bungalow was very comfortable and conveniently located at the heart of the N'Eliya City, with a beautiful view of the Golf course. Also at it is centrally located, getting to Horton planes, Ambewela, New Zealand farm was quite easy. The only drawback is the approach road towards the Bungalow. It’ll be helpful to have a name board at the top of the road, as the roadway is not quite visible from the main road and to have it tarred too if possible.

The bungalow is quite modern with all required facilities for a comfortable homely stay with a very helpful and cooperative Maid Madhavi and Mary a great cook. We wanted our Groceries purchased and they very willingly obliged, which saved a lot of time for us.

Ours was a very short stay for a couple of days for a group of 11 people, and we wish it was a longer stay.

30 Jun 2017
Hi,
Thank you. It is a road common to many but I have concreted about 50%. may be the balance slowly in due course.
The house is comfortable for 8 but 10 is fine as there is enough space to sleep and the house is spacious. 11 pushing it but as long as you were comfortable i am comfortable too.
Jenny
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing