Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$181
View deal
TripadvisorUS$182
All reviews bamboo architecture wooden bathtub rammed earth yoga shala lovely tree house incredible architecture every corner our room was spacious private pool natural materials fairy tale main building jungle paradise main pool spent two nights hidden gem rice
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2021

Usually I always stay in a place with a modern building and interior. but this time I wanted to try something closer to nature and I chose to stay at Ulaman. When i first arrived at the lobby, we could see many bamboo buildings. so this place is all made of bamboo. honestly I really like it. when you enter the room, all the interiors are very nice, there are lots of stone and wood elements. the food here is also delicious + there is vegan food. there is a yoga place, swimming pool, massage place. everything is complete. I really recommend staying here .

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bandisa Banderas, General Manager at Ulaman Eco Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Dear Elma A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience and for bringing up the Unique Selling Points of what Ulaman Eco Retreat has to offer . Many other travelers who are looking for a holiday place close to nature will find this very useful and a very good reference. Your recommendation is highly appreciated. We hope we have the opportunity to serving you again on your return visit in the very near future .

Reviewed 7 June 2021

I came and stayed only for one night, it was the day before my birthday. I love the design of this hotel. It's a totally bamboo architecture. I booked a one-bedroom with a private pool villa. Below my points to be a concern:

(+) The staff was great spectacular especially FO, FB Service (the lady), the therapist
(+) Many spots (Instagramable) to be captured
(+) Nice taste for F&B (tried dinner too)
(+) Free massage 15 minutes (welcome massage)

(-) Small room (not like they publish on OTA, or online platform, camera ultra-wide lens)
(-) They mentioned a private pool villa, but it's pretty clear to be seen by your neighbor
(-) My room is right next to the road, It was noisy on public transport and not good sleep.
(-) No boundaries among the villa, you can move one step to your neighbor :(
(-) No toothbrush, cotton buds (other toiletries at the bathroom), It does not make sense I bought the room above 1 million something

Date of stay: May 2021
Bandisa Banderas, General Manager at Ulaman Eco Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Dear Andrew Grahitandaru Mongol

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback regarding your stay recently! Thank you for the kind words regarding the Staff, Restaurant as well as instagrammable spots around the property. We were sorry to hear there were some issues during your stay. Please be advise that our Private Pool Villa Size is 70 sqm which stated already in our property page in each OTA channel that we are working with and Private Pool Villa description is to reflect each pool indeed private for each Villa Guest and not shared . In regards to Toothbrush and cotton buds, they are available on request .
Please rest assured we have addressed this with the team in our effort to always improve our guest experience during their stay
We hope we have the opportunity to serving you better on your return visit

Reviewed 23 May 2021

Ulaman is truly an eco-retreat in design and principle. I’m thoroughly impressed with the architecture using bamboo and what I recently learnt from staying at Ulaman is the rammed earth walls – truly stunning to say the least. The room is quite spacious and really loving the wooden bathtub and the private pool.

The service is good but can be better, although I’m thoroughly impressed by their F&B’s Eka and the resort manager Bandisa’s attentiveness, friendliness and knowledge of the hotel and the surrounding areas.

The food is exceptional, especially when I learnt that the ingredients are organic and some vegetables are from their very own garden. They also make their own wine on site using their very own produce. This is a must-try!

I had an amazing stay and would definitely recommend this place to friends and family for this very unique experience.

Room tip: One Bedroom Villas have a private pool
Date of stay: May 2021
Bandisa Banderas, General Manager at Ulaman Eco Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Dear shazadzkl

It's really great to receive your feedback regarding your stay experience! Thank you for the kind words regarding the Team . We have been continually working to improve the product and services that we offer so that our guest can enjoy great holiday moments and amazing stay experience.

Thank you for staying at the Ulaman Eco Retreat and we hope that you will consider us for your return visit in the very near future

Reviewed 14 May 2021 via mobile

Had a great experience at Ulaman Eco Retreat Bali.. We stayed at one bedRoom with private pool. We love the bamboo architecture.. The room was clean & hygiene . Bathroom has unique bathup made from wood.. In room dining has incredible taste beyond what we expected.. And they also provide the floating breakfast too ❤️Staffs really helpful. Great Job, we definitely will come back when visit Bali

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bandisa Banderas, General Manager at Ulaman Eco Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2021

Dear abigaillivia

Great to read your excellent stay experience . Thank you for taking the time apart from your busy schedule to share your great experience to other travelers on this Trip Advisor page who will find the review as a good reference to choose the right holiday venue with unique bamboo architecture, wooden bathtub, great culinary journey

Always feel free to let us know if we can assist with your return visit booking arrangement

Many thanks and with kind regards

Reviewed 6 May 2021 via mobile

I had the privilege of visiting Ulaman Eco Retreat last week and it blew me away. I initially went as way to treat myself to a night of pampering and tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of Bali. I was also very curious to see what a modern day “Eco retreat” looks like these days as sustainability and creating a more regenerative world is very important to me. I am pleased to say that I was impressed with the attention to detail of the resort and the incredible service I received. From my welcome drink to the explanation of my room services to the smiles from all of the staff, I felt very cared for and welcomed as if it was my home. The entire structure is made from natural sources and you can see how they did not cut down many trees in the building of the project but rather built around them. The food is locally sourced and curated by a very talented local chef...5 star quality! The yoga shala sits atop a river and has a perfect view for sunset. The massage was one of the best I’ve had in Bali. Nestled in a bungalow over the river, the sounds of nature were the perfect background noise to create full tranquility and relaxation during my massage. If you’re looking for a place to relax and treat yourself while being surrounded by nature, Ulaman is the spot for you. Thank you Ulaman!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Bandisa Banderas, General Manager at Ulaman Eco Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2021

Dear MelisaOlgun91, Thank you for taking the time to share excellent and comprehensive reviews on what Ulaman Eco Retreat has to offer.... This review will help many others who are looking for a place to relax and experience unique retreat experience venue surrounded by nature . We are all looking forward to serving you again in the very near future