“Delicious!”

Warung Dapur Kapulaga
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Sidemen
Reviewed 27 October 2018

I visted sideman in June,one day,when i want to have something to eat,i searched from internet,found that this restaurant just close to my homestay,so i decided to have meal here,it was late lunch,so nobody inside the restaurant that time,just me,i ordered fried rice,veggies spring roll and lemon juice,all were delicious,i cant stop myself till finished all in a very short time.after finished my dishes,the staff gave me a free fried banana,oh,delicious again,i think the chef here is a talent,i was happy to have a very nice late lunch at dapur kapulaga,will come next time!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

When you eat here you literally feel that you’re eating at someone’s home.
When we arrived for lunch it was late and the restaurant was empty, however instead of being turned away, we were politely seated and our orders of Chicken Satay, Fish & Chips, Grilled Fish, Chicken Curry and Sidemen Sliders were quickly written down by a young member of the owner’s family.
Before we knew it, she and her aunt got busy in the kitchen personally preparing our very own feast. We saw the youngster rush into the garden garden at some point and pluck fresh herbs. We were even allowed to watch how the dishes were being prepared-each one meticulously created from scratch! The aromas emanating from the kitchen were divine.
The moment we were served we devoured our food and washed it down with our Sliders. The icing on the cake was the complimentary banana fritters with chocolate sauce the family served us for desert.
The restaurant has the tallest roof I’ve ever seen and while waiting for our food to be served, we had butterflies of every size fly by us, we also heard sounds of nature and of the neighboring village.
I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant for many reasons: It has an excellent location close to the Sidemen tourist attraction, yet its tucked away; it’s an intimate experience as there are very few tables at the restaurant; the food is personally prepared with the freshest of organic ingredients from scratch personally by the owners of the restaurant; the menu has options for vegetarians and vegans; along with Balinese food there are other International Cuisine options; the drinks menu is detailed and most importantly the food is delicious and the service is exemplary!
-Felicia Variava Albert, Managing Director, Blaze Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We ended up here after walking the street in Sidemen. A very nice, very clean small restaurant with very friendly staff. We had fried onions, spring rolls, Indonesian chicken curry and satay Lilit. Food was really nice and fresh! Ask for spicy chili if you’re used to spicy food, makes it even better. We had the fried banana as desert, of course a simple dish but these were the best in Bali so far.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

We ate at Kapulaga after we did a hike through the terrace fields (recommended!) with the husband of the owner. The food was very nice, I had the curry and my boyfriend the spring rolls and onion rings and it was all delicious. We even got a free dessert as thanks!

The people are so incredibly friendly and can help you with anything in Sidemen. Our hike guide even drove us to our next destination Sanur! I can't recommend this restaurant more.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent food,few tables, managed by 2 adorable people so you have to wait a little but it definitely worse it:)