“Trekking Mount Agung via Besakih Temple”

Bawa Mount Agung Trekking
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Sidemen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bawa Mount Agung Trekking , is the best local guide trekking in bali , to explore the amazing view of mount agung. The first of destination is beautiful sun rise .
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend this. Friendly, trustworthy, professional company who can provide reliable transport to and from your hotel, a guide, gear hire and breakfast. The guide & driver were super friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"rubbish"
"stone"

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This was the best experience ever and it was all made possible due to the fantastic guide, Ketut, who got our small group of 3 to the real summit in roughly 5 hours in time for the epic sunrise. I was a bit apprehensive at first having never done anything like this however, although tough at times, Ketut was always very conscious of everyone in the group and made sure we didn't make a wrong step. Slowly but surely is his motto! We stopped to rest a few times where necessary and Ketut supplied us with snacks to keep our energy levels up. The view from the top is definitely worth it, the descent is tough on the knees but we had Ketut with his great sense of humour keeping us entertained all the way down to the bottom. Also, he cares very much about the mountain and keeping it clean, he collected all the rubbish that others had just discarded on the ground as we made our way back down. He really is the best guide and would 100% recommend him to get you to the summit. Thank you for making this possible and such an enjoyable experience ! Five stars!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

After reading some good reviews about Ketut we decided to contact him for the Mount Agung sunrise trekking. Very easy to contact, quick to reply (email and whatsapp). We climbed Mount Agung at the end of august 2017 with him. As our hotel was quite far away from his house and Mount Agung, he send a taxi to pick us up, so he could start the trek well rested. Made me feel very secure.
Once at the starting point, he was the only guide with good professional equipment for us to use (sturdy but flexible gloves, trekkingpoles, headlights). We both have a high level of fitness so it wasnt too challenging, but dont underestimate it. You start at night so not a lot of sleep, and it is a tough but fun path. Ketut was always checking if we were ok, needed help or rest. He provided us with ample amount of snacks an jokes :-). His slogan is slow but safe, he made sure we had enough snackbreaks along the way. Almost at the top my fear of height caught me a few times, Ketut kept on supporting me with his energy and funny remarks. When I really didnt wanna continu, he very nicely tried to motivate me again so I wouldnt regret anything, then made sure I was safe and ok with another guide to await their return. The final part to the top he kept on motivating my boyfriend, showing where to step and grab, making sure everything was safe. They made it to the top before sunrise, where Ketut had a great breakfast with hot tea. The way down is a bit more challenging, but Ketut again made sure every step was a good and safe one. You can tell he loves this mountain, on our way down he picked up every bit of rubbish he'd see, where other guides just left their trash.

Very easy to talk too guy, telling about his family and life in Bali. Lots of jokes but when needed also serious (about the climbing). Felt very professional, so we booked the White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja river with him. Same level of service and dedication to his customers.
So we highly recommend Ketut as guide for your trekking and other activities in Bali.

Thanks again Ketut!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I went up to Agung with Ketut a couple of years ago. I see his business is spreading and I am very happy for that as I have excellent memories from my hike. Ketut is a great guide, with good knowledge of the area. We are still in touch and next time I am in Bali I hope to go for another hike with him!