Reviews (2 483)
2 483 results
1 688
1 688
All reviews valley villa plantation restaurant our honeymoon spice market deluxe room infinity pool tasting menu rice fields outdoor shower and bath afternoon tea local monkeys shuttle bus a la carte sun loungers stunning views hotel is beautiful monkey forest
194 - 199 of 2 483 reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Service is top-notch at Alila. The staff took our feedback/comment to heart and did their very best to make the experience better for us. Though there were a few hiccups here and there, but the hotel staff and manager always took the initiatives to make good for us. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Hemal J, General Manager at Alila Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Jenny F,

Thanks for this incredible review on our services, helps us go the extra mile more and more. Sorry about the inconvenience with few hiccups but I am glad that all was sorted and you had a great time.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Our stay at Alila was fantastic on the first night and then got more and more average each night. We noticed the hotel getting a lot busier and we understand that that means increased wait times for meals etc but twice for breakfast people that had been seated after us were served before us, our coffee orders were wrong and once for dinner we were left waiting for our mains for 85 minutes, the people at the table next to us waited 60 minutes and then left. The a la carte breakfast was so-so, food was great quality but portion sizes were so small you would think it was plated for a small child.
In saying that the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff could not be faulted and the facilities were incredible. We probably will not stay again but overall we did have a nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hemal J, General Manager at Alila Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Carlitayla,

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback on our services in restaurant. Irrespective of the resort being busy or not busy, there is no way a Guest should wait so long for coffee and delayed food service in the restaurants. I have taken this up with the team concerned and rest assured, we have taken steps to ensure there is absolutely no repeat of this. Had I been in your place, I would have been disappointed as well. My extreme apologies for this once again.

Our breakfast concept is daily changing a-la-carte menu and we always want to provide to our Guests freshly prepared food made to order. We also want our Guest to order as much as they would like to so they get to taste our menu in total and have a good experience out of the first meal they have in the day. I am sorry that you found the portion sizes small.

Thank you very much for appreciating the team and our services but we would really like for you to come back again and experience our hospitality in anticipation that this experience has not marred your impression of Alila Ubud.

Your's in Hospitality, We Remain !!

Best Regards

Reviewed 19 June 2018

About 10-15 mins car ride from Ubud town but quiet and tranquil. Room is a bit tired but well-maintained. The resort has lots of steps and not really a place for someone with elderly or have walking difficulties. Service is good. Food at the Plantation is also nice and at night they have dance performance during our 1st day, which is quite entertaining.

Room Tip: All standard rooms have forest view but with lots of steps and not quite recommended for someone with walking difficulties
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear jiawen,

Thank you for you review on the beautiful tranquil surroundings of Alila Ubud and our services. We try our best to maintain the rooms and we are also re-doing soft touches in them.

There are indeed quite a few steps to go around and access the valley and facilities. The team and the services does make a lot of difference and thank you very much for acknowledging our overall services.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Our experience at Alila was nothing short of luxurious.

We arrived at midnight after a long night and day of travel to a very welcoming team a the front desk, a cool face towel and a lovely welcome drink. To our absolute surprise and delight we were upgraded to a pool villa which is by far the most beautiful place we have ever stayed.

Our villa was gorgeous with a private lap pool at the front, an outdoor shower to the side but the most impressive part is the backyard. The backyard is a giant lily pad covered pool/pond with fish happily swimming around and more impressively a bath for two set within the pool. The room was immaculate and had all of the facilities you could possibly need - including Alila's own insect repellant and sunscreen. The gift of reusable bamboo straws was just wonderful to arrive to as well.

The food situation is amazing with the included breakfasts insanely good. The menu changes each day and with little tasting plates allowing you to try lots of tasty goodies. We also booked into the Barung dance evening which was lots of fun and my food allergy was taken care of with no problem at all.

The pool is absolutely glorious and just as lovely as the photos. We got their early-ish one morning and had the pool to ourselves as mists rolled through the jungle and it felt like we were in a movie.

Finally, the staff were beyond amazing. The team were super polite, welcoming and friendly and were always happy to help or answer a question. We felt so very welcome in such a lovely hotel and it was a pleasure to visit.

If you would like to treat yourself to a few days of luxury in the jungle this is the place for you. And if you can splurge for a pool villa it is a seriously magical experience.

Thank you so much to the team at Alila Ubud - we had the most wonderful time!

1  Thank brettandmanda

Dear brettandmanda,

Wow, what an amazing review of your experience, it is music to the ears to read such great comments from our Values Guests.

We are very happy that you were well looked after post you midnight arrival by a welcoming team at the front desk. It was our pleasure to provide you with our beautiful Pool Villa's- indeed they are very unique and have an amazing aesthetic appeal with giant lily pool at the backyard and ofcourse is set up with bespoke signature Alila amenities.

Our specially curated a-la-carte breakfast options with daily changing menus and the cultural evenings are the highlights of the resort as also the incredible pool and pool side services.

The team here does do an amazing work and thank you for acknowledging their efforts. We all here at Alila Ubud cant wait to welcome you back home soon. Do write to me directly on hjain@alilahotels.com and I will ensure to look after all the arrangements.

See you soon for another wonderful time.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Slightly underwhelmed but some positives
The hotel is beautifully placed in the jungle with amazing paddy field around it and the driveway is lovely. Reception staff were really helpful and even sorted out our earlier than expected departure, even though we had paid for an extra room night we no longer needed. (This has not been refunded)
We were at Alila Ubud to celebrate our wedding anniversary and I cannot fault the hotel for this. We had a lovely complimentary meal in the restaurant on our first night and it was lovely.
The room was lovely and stunning views of the forest and monkeys came on our balcony. The toiletries in the bathroom smelled of lemongrass and were beautiful and the shower more than adequate .We could hear conversations in the next room and other guest returning to their rooms below our room late in the evening, but this can happen at any hotel.
We used the laundry service which was really good and the lady who collected and returned it was so sweet and helpful.
Breakfast is artisan, but it is not stated as a tasting menu. When I asked just for baked beans and scrambled egg. The waiter seemed confused and this is not what I got. Likewise my husband asked for scrambled eggs on toast and he couldn’t have got anything smaller. My main concern is the fruit smoothies and drinks. Beautifully presented but only one bottle of each type and they only had one bamboo straw in them. This is very bad for personal hygiene as sharing a straw is not good. May be romantic but no.
We paid the extra for the Balinese 5 course tasting night with Balinese dancers. The food was good but not much of it for the price. The only downside is that there seemed to be an emphasis on buying wine with the meal, which we did not want. Also you couldn’t really see the dancers as they performed at the front of the restaurant. Our table was at the side, so if we leaned forward to see them it blocked the view for the people at the next table. We paid a lot of money £70 each and were disappointed with this.
We hired a private driver from the hotel for four hours and this was great. We saw the Scared Monkey Forest, Elephant Cave and beautiful rice terraces. Our driver was very caring and patient with me and my husband stopping every five minutes to take photos. I certainly recommend taking this option. Also cold face flannels and drinks throughout our trip, and home baked cookies and chocolate in the car.
The bar by the pool is lovely but with very limited seating and likewise by the pool. I don’t know why but I didn’t get the personal service by the pool that everyone seems to have had. Even though I was sat there for several hours on my own.
As for the resort itself. It does appear very small and intimate on the website, but it certainly isn’t. There are a lot of steps, down to the pool, to reception, up from the pool to the toilets. I have a great difficulty walking and especially steps and I don’t think we would have stayed here if we knew there were so many steps. Also access into the pool was impossible as the presumption is that everyone is young fit and healthy.
So as you can see the hotel has some positive points but we were on the whole much underwhelmed. But this is our personal opinions and maybe expectations for a five star were too high.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the restaurant and bar .
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear GalaxysMum1,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time out to review Alila Ubud in such detail and we cannot thank you enough for an all round view of the resort. I am also very sorry that you were slightly underwhelmed with our resort however our goal is to provide all Guests with great memories of their experience with us.

Thank you for appreciating the tranquility of the resort and the services of the team. I will look into the refund of the extra night with the team, which you did not stay and get back to you separately.

We are happy that you had a great Anniversary celebration and enjoyed the dinner at the restaurant. Our special curated daily changing breakfast menus indeed are very different. Apologies for the inconvenience with the order and I have taken it up with the team already and will ensure there is no repeat. With regards to the juices, we have completely re-done this set up and we only provide daily juices as per Guests preferences and hence it then comes with individual straws. We have changed this as recently as last week after we did get few Guest comments. Rest assured, we completely acknowledge this and it has been handled.

Thank you for appreciating our room amenities and services along with the most tranquil views and the laundry services. With regards to the Balinese Tasting Cultural Evening Menu with the authentic food, I am sorry that the team pushed the wine with the meal, they should not have done this and apologies that it came across in this fashion. I will re-look at the set up of the floor and then see if we can get a good view from all the angles.

Yes, the best way to see the local culture is indeed to explore around and I am glad you enjoyed this. Our bar services are well known for and its really embarrassing to know that you did not receive any of our curated services at the Bar. I will ensure to look into it and extreme apologies for this.

We do have quite a few steps to go around the various facilities at the resort and yes it can get a little tedious walking around. Sorry for this inconvenience however.

We do hope that this experience has not marred your overall impression of our resort and services and we sincerely look forward to getting an opportunity to welcome you back home soon.

Rest assured, all your comments have been taken very positively and I am already on it with my team to ensure they are all handled and that there is no repeat.

See you back soon.