“Nice Setting & Decor”

Los Cabos Mexican Grill and Cantina
Ranked #29 of 279 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: After working successfully in the food service industry for forty years, the Blacketer family saw a need for a casual upscale Mexican concept that included exceptional food and outstanding service, with a slant of fun never seen before in Oklahoma. The Blacketer's vision was to bring a resort feeling of Los Cabos, Mexico to Tulsa, OK. The family accomplished this by picking sites on water, creating a Hacienda feel, and an outdoor cabana bar with live entertainment seven days a week during the spring and summer months.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Nice decor and very relaxing if you can get a table overlooking the lake. Food is pretty generic and not very flavorful. Service was ok.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We ordered queso it came before we got drinks silverware or chips when I asked why another lady said this is her first day outside and inside there was a chip person but I observed and every person that came after us got chips right away my friend ordered and when asked what I wanted I told her I'm gonna wait so y'all don't mess up my order his food came was two enchiladas I told her I want two enchiladas no lettuce tomato and onions it came with onions horrible service I told her take it off the bill I don't want it and asked her if she remembered me saying they would mess my order up she ignored me when my buddy got done eating she asked him if he saved room for friend ice cream didn't ask me horrible service don't go there I will not go back

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We went to the Independence, MO location this evening to celebrate a friends birthday. We started with a drink on the patio while waiting for our table inside to be available. We received our drinks then were told our table was ready. We started to close our tab outside and us ladies proceeded inside. Our husbands were still trying to get the tab closed outside. We went inside and a waitress or hostess told us to sit at a table. We sat down and one of the managers, he was in a sling, came out to the table. He asked if we were the party of 7. We said yes. He then started to yell at us for sitting there and how it messed up their seating arrangements. I started to tell him we were told to sit there and he kept speaking to us in very rude tones and comments. I finally said I've never been treated like this to my friends and he came at me in a loud angry voice, what did you say mam (at least he said mam). I said I did not wish to speak with him and turned away. He kept at it. I can't believe that I sat there and we had our meal. That was my fault. We should have gotten up right then and walked out the door. I am in management at a large retail store and if I had ever accosted a customer like that I would probably lose my job. As we were leaving I saw him outside and told him I have never been treated like that before. He said he appreciated my opinion in a very rude manner. I told him I was going to write their corporate office and was trying to, but guess what. They don't offer a way to do that. Hmmm. I found out on our way home from my husband that while he was outside at the previous table the manager was being all nice to the husbands because there was a problem with all of our checks. This was after he was so rude to us inside. My husband knowing this brought this to his attention on our way out and the managers response was, Do you want to make something of it and my husbands response was, You are not worth it. So, if you would like to be treated rudely for not that great of food then I highly recommend this place. But our waitress inside was wonderful.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The building is nice and well decorated and the service was good but the food was underwhelming. We started with guacamole. It tasted like chemicals. It was the worst guacamole I ever had in my life. I wanted to tell the waitress but my mom said it would have embarrassed her so I held my tongue. We split an order of fajitas which were just so-so. The chicken looked like it wasn't fully cooked and I only ate one piece because I was worried it would make me sick. The borracho beans were good. Mom said she will never go here again.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice setting on a small lake. We ate lunch here while shopping nearby. The spinach avocado enchiladas were great! The salsa and cheese dip were also quite good. The restaurant cleanliness and service was good. I would definitely come back!