“Amazing from the first minute”

Pullman Bali Legian Beach
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 11 October 2015

This is the first time my girlfriend and I have been on a holiday together, so I wanted to do something a little bit special. I emailed the hotel asking for any romantic welcome packages, and they responded within a day with what they had available - ended up going for the standard rose petals and champagne bottle FYI - and their speed of service and secrecy whilst my girlfriend was at the front desk was amazing. They even called us 30 mins after we were taken to the room to ensure everything was satisfactory.

The view from our room (top floor ocean view room) was spectacular. Sun sets were beautiful and we even had little lizards coming to join us every night. The only thing that could have been better is if the chairs were a bit comfier, but that's nothing to complain about.

The room itself was amazing. Comfy (relatively hard) King size bed, great bathroom (although the window from bathroom to bedroom was a bit strange, but if you're comfortable with each other it isn't that bad) and a good size, storage was also ample for two people. Air con was an absolute blessing. The only negatives was the fridge didn't seem to work - but we weren't really using it anyway so didn't look to see if it was just a setting or not - the TV reception was great to start with but got progressively worse, and the sinks drain really, really, REALLY slowly. Oh, and the safe somehow reset its code so we were locked out, but a call to front desk had that sorted within 5 minutes.

I can't recommend the rooftop infinity pool and pool bar enough - there are some prime sun loungers that stay in the sun all day, right next to the bar, facing the sea, but we were never out of the room in time to bag them, but all the other areas were just as good up until about 5/5.30pm when the sun went behind one of the buildings. Water was warm, it wasn't busy, and the DJ played great chill-out, summer-y vibes on an evening. Staff were also great up here.

We had the buffet breakfast twice and there was a very good array of food, from sausages, bacon and eggs to traditional Indonesian, continental, fruits, yogurts, etc. It all sounds pretty standard, but the quality was excellent and if you can get an outside table near the pool and eat before the kids start playing, it's an exceptional view of the grounds.

Speaking of the grounds, they are gorgeous. Flowers, trees, plants and gorgeous gardens with hammocks make it a delight to have a slow post-dinner wander.

The staff here were outstanding, always smiling, saying hello, asking if the stay is ok and if there is anything they can do to help. There must be a really big focus on cleaning too, as there are always cleaners making sure everywhere is spotless.

Room service was exceptionally quick, coming within 10 mins when we were told 35, and quality was acceptable, yet pricey, but I was never expecting anything from a Michelin star restaurant.

Location, for us, was perfect. A 30 second walk to the beach, some really nice bars and restaurants within walking distance and a short cab ride to the main clubs in the area - Sky Garden particularly. Be prepared to get ripped off by taxi drivers though, a metered ride to Sky Garden would usually cost 3000-ish Rupiah, but they'll charge you between 50 and 100,000 Rupiah and not have the meter on. We decided it's worth paying just for the convenience, as it's only $5-10 anyway, which is still far cheaper than back in Sydney.

Overall, 10/10! Would definitely come back. Ok, so there were one or two blips, but they were exceptionally minor and didn't make our stay any less amazing, romantic and fun!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms facing the oceans will give you the best views.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank matty_norman
Manager_PullmanBali, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Dear matty_norman,

Greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana and I would like to thank you for sharing your amazing review on Tripadvisor.

It is our great pleasure to read and knowing that during this special occasion, everything has been great and enjoyable. Your kind words will be shared to entire team and I do believe this will encourage all of us to strive maintain our quality.

Again, thank you for choosing us and we wish another chance to welcome you again is not far from the future. Please do not hesitate to let us now if you require any further assistance. Meanwhile we wish you have a great day!

Regards,

h6556-qm@accor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4 225)

1 403 - 1 407 of 4 225 reviews

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

The Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana was incredible. My fiancé and I stayed there with friends and family before our wedding and it was just stunning. The breakfast was huge and had so many options, the service was mostly great (except for some miscommunications which can be expected in Bali), the beds were comfy and the pools were stunning.
We had an Ocean View suite and sat on our balcony and watched the incredible sunset

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ofifi

Dear Ofifi,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

We would like to thank you for the review you have shared on Tripadvisor. It is our great pleasure to receive such a great comments following this special occasion. We glad that you have loved our breakfast at the restaurant and felt comfortable with our Pullman Beds.

Moreover, we can agree that our Ocean view room has a breath taking view over the coast of Bali and perfect to watch the sunset. Thank you for staying with us and we would like to welcome you again in the future.

I remain at your disposal. Best wishes!

Regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2015

Second visit to this new player, and this time was even better. 4th floor stay is exceptional for those seeking the never ending Bali sunsets, and it turned it on for 5 nights!
Great service from the gate to the housekeeping, and guest services went above and beyond, an issue was fixed with exceptional service and a wonderful solution.

Room Tip: The 4th floor has smaller balcony areas, the 3rd are larger, but the 4th level views are even better...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Craig S

Dear Craig S,

Greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your review on Tripadvisor following your last stay with us. We are elated to read your kind words and mentioned that your stay with us has been great and beyond your expectation.

Your great review will be shared to entire team and I do believe this will motivate all of us to maintain our quality. Thank you for choosing us again for this special occasion, we cannot wait to welcome you again very soon. Please email me directly if I can be any further assistance.

Cordially,

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

The hotel was ok but I have never experienced so many issues at a Bali hotel especially at $200 a night. The breakfast was just ok but I had go constantly ask for more bread, more ice etc and it would take ages to replace. This happened every morning. Our room smelt strongly of sewerage so we were moved to a different room. The air con was not as cold in this room so I struggled to sleep. Housekeeping kept forgetting our room so we had to keep calling up for them to come. When trying to sleep they had gardeners making so much noise. The list goes on.. I wouldn't be returning anytime soon.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Lachlan D,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

I would like to thank you for taking your valued time to review us on Tripadvisor following your stay in our resort. I regret to hear that you have experienced occurs and disappointments during your stay with us, therefore please allow me to express our sincerest apology.

The points you have raised has been carefully noted and shared to the departments concerned for rectification and improvement. Thank you for your constructive feedback, and it would be such an honor to have the opportunity to welcome you again and serve you better in our hospitality that we are proud of.

I remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2015

We stayed a week at the Pullman Bali hotel. the staff and facilities were excellent! We stayed in a suite. Lovely spacious room with extra lounge and 2 bathrooms. I would definitely recommend this for anyone travelling with kids\teens. Our hats off to Jan Kroekel and his team who took the time to make our stay extra special. We were checked in with ease but Astawan, who made us feel welcomed. ALL STAFF from the reception, housekeeping, waiters were brilliant. Extremely well mannered and respectful. Understandably English is not their first language but we had no problems communicating and being understood.

Breakfast offered a variety to suit multiple palates. The Tuesday seafood buffet was divine and well worth it. We feasted indeed and the live music added the perfect ambiance. The drinks were a bit pricey for us.

The beach is directly opposite the hotel. Shopping is within walking distance. What we liked is that Pullman is situated slightly away from the hub hub of Kuta square , its within walking distance but also offers more quite. so after a day on the beach, or walking the busy streets shopping you come back to tranquility.

What was most impressive...we left behind a package and only realized it when we got to the airport. On calling the hotel, I spoke to the Bell Boy supervisor [I can not recall his name], what a wonderful man!!! He patiently listened to my panicked story and then assured me that he would make personally sure that my package will reach us before we boarded. A few minutes later, 2 Pullman airport reps came to the info desk at the airport looking for us. They were informed of our dilemma and told me to relax in the airport as they will wait outside and deliver the parcel to me personally,once it arrived. True to their word they did! We boarded for home with all our luggage in tow. Now that's service!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Sugen P

Dear Sugen P,

Greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana and we thank you for taking your valued time to review us on Tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure to read your kind words as you had a wonderful stay with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed our hotel facilities, breakfast buffet as well as our staff service that we proud of.

I will make sure Mr. Jan and Astawan will hear your compliments, also I will share this to our entire team as encouragements to strive maintain our quality. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you again in the future.

I will remain at your disposal for any further assistance. Have a great day !

h6556-qm@accor.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0,2 km away
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa
3 km away
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Beach? Share your experiences!