All reviews cottage suite egg station main pool beach front swim up bar big pool pools are great legian beach great position staff were lovely buffet breakfast deluxe brekky bintangs heaps
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Wasn't sure what to expect when we booked here, but we were pleasantly surprised. Some of the resort was undergoing renovations, but the block that we were in was clean and wasn't run down - it was really nice. We were fairly happy with the food (but we ate out a lot) and loved the service - all of the staff were friendly. The smaller pool is cooler than the larger pool, for those who need relief from the heat. Was surprised by how good the location was - right on the beach, and there was a 'right-hand break' right out the front, and NO ONE was surfing it. Super close to shops and loads of cafes/pubs. Found the strip of 'market stalls' to be the best on our trip. And not far from Seminyak if you want to venture into the city buzz - which is where we found 2 gem vegan cafes.

Room Tip: The rooms around the smaller pool were nice
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank CandiceWasEre
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Good location, good value for money..
However breakfast was very ordinary, fresh made Omelettes were nice.
Buffet brekkie was very very ordinary, but free with room..
Staff friendly and helpful..
Some minor maintenance around to hotel would be good, but again, good value for money spent..
Would go here again..
Bali hotels need to supply vegimite.. :(~

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony, other rooms very very small, worth the upgrade..
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2018

This resort needs a full revamp. It's old and looks it. The interconnecting rooms that we had were dark and looked dirty. I wouldn't shower without something on my feet, the shower curtain was filthy and mouldy. The actual location of the resort is perfect and the staff friendly. I would pay a little extra next time and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Shona S
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I've stayed at the Melasti three times. So obviously there's something I like about it. But I'm almost not sure what that is.
The location is a winner for me. I love beach front access, as well as street frontage. There are two pools with two different personalities. One is the louder, busier, sunnier, bigger pool. One is quiet, more shaded and smaller. So, choose your own adventure, I guess.
The restaurant is on the beach front. It lacks charm. Especially at breakfast. At breakfast it feels a bit like a cafeteria. But during the day the very front of the restaurant, on the couches, is a nice place to sit with a beer and people watch.

There's a cute playground for the kids, in parts populated by ants that bite. It didn't stop our kids playing there; they just worked out which areas to avoid.

I've stayed in three different types of rooms. The Family Suites are really nice. They have dark wood and lots of Balinese character. They are a decent size. The AC didn't really cope all that well in ours though.
The Deluxe Twin room was a really good size, with a balcony, as well as a nice area to sit inside. I love a hotel room with somewhere to sit. Tick!
The Standard Double was... standard. Clean and comfortable without being spectacular. Ours had a small table with two chairs, no balcony.

The staff at the Melasti are wonderful. Friendly, kind and professional. Their traditional attire is a nice touch.

But like I said, there's just something a little tired about the Melasti. Not in all areas, just some. Will I go back? Maybe. But either way, I'll always remember it fondly.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Simon D
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in a renovated superior room and would highly recommend these rooms. The superior room is very spacious with a good sized balcony. The rooms are clean & comfortable. The swim up bar and pool areas are great! Very helpful & friendly staff. The buffet breakfast has plenty of options. Good location opposite the beach.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo