Baruna Dive Bali - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Favorite experience of my entire Bali trip!

Reviewed 22 March 2020
totravelandbloom
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Family dive and Snorkle at USAT LIBERTY

Reviewed 27 February 2020
Martin C
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2020

I got an open water certification and got to dive the Liberty shipwreck. Mel and Hector were my instructors. They sent me the SSI material for the test ahead of time to start studying. In person, they could not have been more kind. I felt extremely safe the entire time, and they always made sure all my questions were answered. Plus they had so much contagious enthusiasm for the sport. I can't say enough about how amazing, knowledgeable, and experienced, and fun to be around the staff are!!! And everything was such a great price. I couldn't be happier I chose this dive shop.

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank totravelandbloom
Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

We went with Zen Divers and our guide Wayan was excellent and knew where to find what you fancied. Despite the rocky entrance from the shore, it’s a short swim and you are quickly in a world class dive site. The viz was fantastic, the fish life in mega abundance and if you are a photographer there’s orangutans crabs in anemones and heaps of macro stuff to keep you coming back. You have to be careful with your depth with Junior OW divers in tow, but the wreck is open and exciting for them to explore. The coral gardens to the north and south away from the wreck are ideal for snorkeling. Big shoals of Humphead parrotfish cruising by and Garden eels in the volcanic sand patches.
There is a lot of traffic all day long so early is good and staying in Amed and Talumben gives you that option. I travelled daily from Candidasa but didn’t mind the journey as the scenery was beautiful. The coast road south back round to Candidasa is an eye opener both for scenery and how the other half live.
In all a great family day out for a diving family. Bali isn’t a cheap dive option though and expect to pay similar prices to at home in Auz though all gear is included and I only took along my dive computer and basic gear for snorkeling in our own time.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

If you want to dive in Bali, go here! Hector (manager; Francais) and his crew were friendly, helpful, fun and professional! Each day we dove with them they picked up my husband and I, from our (far away) hotel, and took us out to dive at amazing spots — for a fraction of the cost of other dive companies in the area (there are many). They were respectful and knowledgeable — in and out of the water — and made us feel totally comfortable, safe and at ease. I enjoyed the experience so much that we decided to came back to Amed later on in the trip and so I could receive my Open Water SSI certification with Hector. Truly unforgettable experience and so glad we found Baruna! The company doesn’t have any of the fancy equipment (or gimmicks) that other shops might, and it’s nice and refreshing. These are good people, who like to help other good people, have a good time, diving. If you love to dive, or are wanting to try, this is the five star(fish) experience you’ve been waiting for. Among the ecological highlights of our numerous dives were meetings with Octopus and a sea turtle. Bottoms up! This is the best value for the money !

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank Madeline_Canada-2020
barunadivebali, Gérant at Baruna Dive Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2020

Thanks a lot Madeline!
To introduce you to our diving world was a real pleasure! You were a perfect student we wish you many many more dives!

Sea you soon :)
Baruna Team

Reviewed 13 December 2019

Visited Amed in Nov 19. The dive instructors Hector and Melissa were very welcoming & tended to all our needs of a scuba trip. Courses were also well managed and dive equipments were in pristine conditions. Highly recommended should you decided to pop by Amed.

Date of experience: November 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Nad_Karina
Reviewed 16 August 2019 via mobile

Dived the USAT and the drop off with Nengah (max 18 m given only got open water). Very good instruction and he was great in pointing out various fish and macro. Also good in helping in water from shore which can be a bit tricky with larger waves and rocky shore.

Baruna O, Manager at Baruna Dive Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2019

Hi thomas!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We're very glad you enjoyed your dives with Nengah! He was also very glad to read your words!
Hope to see you again,