Baruna Dive Bali - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Diving in amed

i dived with baruna team more than 10 times and every moments were so special and precious. Local... read more

Reviewed 26 August 2020
y0enp
via mobile
Favorite experience of my entire Bali trip!

I got an open water certification and got to dive the Liberty shipwreck. Mel and Hector were my... read more

Reviewed 22 March 2020
totravelandbloom
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I stumbled upon Baruna dive center whilst wandering down the Main Street in Amed. Without delving too much into the tripadvisor reviews, I decided to take a chance and dive with Baruna and was pleasantly surprised.

The dive center had a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. From the shop manager to the drivers, you always feel welcome around the dive center.

The dives in Amed are fantastic and I was very happy to have Nady as my divemaster. Hes very easy going and friendly, yet professional when it's important. I am still under 20 dives and consider my a beginner, but the rapport we established both in and out of the water helped me feel confident. As a novice diver, confidence in yourself and your divemaster is essential to enjoying a dive, especially when you are exploring the huge wreck in the darkness.

Big thanks to my divemaster Nady, the center manager Stephon, and all the staff at Baruna. If I'm ever in Amed again, I know exactly who to dive with.

Date of experience: August 2016
Stephane V, Gérant at Baruna Dive Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Hello Steve,

Thanks a lot for this review. We are very happy that you enjoyed you dives with us.

Stephane for the Baruna team.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

I had a great experience at Baruna Dive Center! I chose this place out of all the dive shops in Amed because of good reviews for customer service here, and they did not disappoint. I did 6 fun dives and was pleased with the friendly and knowledgeable staff, quality of equipment, and overall atmosphere. Dive shop staff, instructors, and divemasters were all great and I really enjoyed just hanging out and talking with them between dives. The manager Stephane was especially helpful and flexible in getting me to the dive sites I wanted in my limited time. Although I didn't take a course here, I saw some of the courses in progress and was really impressed at how thorough and patient the instructors are. Overall really enjoyed my time here and wish I could have done more dives. Thanks guys! :)

Date of experience: July 2016
Stephane V, Gérant at Baruna Dive Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Hi Lizzy,
Thanks a lot for this review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your dives with us.
Happy bubbles !
Stephane for the Baruna team.

Reviewed 10 July 2016
Review of: First dive

I did my PADI Open Waters with Marc @ Baruna and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Marc was incredibly patient, funny, safety-conscious and most of all - passionate about diving and marine life. His wealth of knowledge enriched our diving experience with in-depth understanding around the specific diving techniques we had studied, and about the interesting fishes and corals that we had spotted.

Despite its small area size, the school's equipment were well-maintained and organized. We had no trouble getting to our different dive sites efficiently with the transport provided. Its manager, Stephane, was also very friendly and flexible around our diving needs and schedule.

If you're looking for an amazing first dive experience with incredible people, this will be your best bet yet.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Delise L
Stephane V, Gérant at Baruna Dive Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Hi Delise, thank you for this review.
We're happy that you and Wee Hao enjoyed your dives with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile
Review of: First dive

We went to amed during the school holiday, and one of the main course here for sure is diving. We just choose randomly through all the diving outlet around there, and looks like we hit a jackpot. This is the best dive centre I ever try. I go with my teenage daughter and her cousin, which is the first dive experience for them. Our dive instructor, Mark, really professional and explain all the basics. He keep to close distance to them and make sure their safety. Our Amed trip became memorable thanks to Baruna Diving centre. I highly recommend this dive centre to anyone who wants to dive in Amed.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank travellergelo

Hi Freddy, thank you for this review.
We're happy that you and your family enjoyed your dives with us.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Great experience, a very nice balance of instruction and seeing the beauty off the coast of Amed. USS Liberty is something to see! Thank you Baruna for a memorable trip.

Date of experience: June 2016

Hi, thank you for this review.
We're happy that you enjoyed your dives with us.