“Wonderful Experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Full Exterior View of Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Luxury Bedroom in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat Wash Area in Pournami 4 bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Check Availability
Bedroom Art in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Bed and Bedroom art in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Wash Room in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Shower Area in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Philli
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 10 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

I must say this was the best part of my trip to Kerala. I did my reservation over phone. The manager sent me instructions to deposit 5000 rupees which was one third of my reservation amount of 15000 rupees. I wired money to their account and my reservation was confirmed for a houseboat of 3 rooms for 1 night.
We later had more members to join us so I changed my reservation to a houseboat of 4 rooms. They accommodated my request for change but later the extra members backed out. I again requested for a change but they we're not able to accommodate it this time. So I ended up paying 20000 rupees for 4 rooms when I needed only 3. I didn't mind since they have mentioned this in their cancellation/update policy that a charge will be incurred.
Every room had AC in it and they switch it ON from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am. They had another option where we can switch on the AC anytime and it's slightly more expensive. I didn't take that since it was not needed.
Anyways the tour began 11:00 am when we arrived at the dock. You need to pay the remaining full amount before the tour begins. They keep the houseboat so clean that you are not allowed to board the boat with your shoes on. Shoes need to be removed and kept aside inside the boat. Our houseboat was a pretty new one. Only 6 months old. It was a beautiful boat with 4 rooms. Each room had an attached bathroom and separate AC unit. A queen size bed, a fan and big window for lovely views. The boat also had a fully equipped kitchen. The boat had a common area like a living room where it had TV and dining table and chairs and sofas etc. it was pretty luxurious.
The boat sailed for an hour and at noon they made a stop near the banks of a village. There were 3 helpers in the boat. While one sailed the boat, two others made delicious food for all of us. BTW they call you in advance and check if you would like vegetarian food or non vegetarian food. They made a mix of north Indian and South Indian food. It was the best food I had in my whole trip. We ate our lunch and started sailing again. We sailed for another 2 hours and then made a pit stop at the banks of another village where locals sold coconuts and even offered massage. Massage was I guess 800 rupees for just head massage which was kind of steep I thought. Locals also have small motor boats and they come your houseboat with ice creams and stuff for sale. So it is very convenient.
Did I mention the amazing views on both sides of our boat? They were just a perfect picturesque setting. Coconut trees on both sides, Small villages, beautiful houses. Then around 4 pm it was snack time and once again they didn't disappoint. Crispy pakodas served with tea and coffee. My niece requested for banana fry and they even made that for us. They were just too tasty. All food served inside boathouse is included in your initial price.
Then we sailed again until 5:30 pm. Our boat was docked this time for night since they are not allowed to sail after 5:30 pm. We switched on our cable tv and watched a nice movie. Make sure you take mosquito repellent with you since there are lots of Mosquitos at night. Close doors to all your bedrooms as you don't want Mosquitos to enter your bedroom. Then came sinner at around 8:00 pm. Needless to say it was super tasty. Went to sleep around 10 pm and woke up next day morning for a nice cup of tea and yummy breakfast. Started sailing at 8:00 am again and reached the point we started at 9:00 am for checkout.
I would highly recommend this tour. This was so relaxing. The people in the houseboat took care of everything. All we had to do was sit back a relax.

Travelling group: Extended Family
16 Dec 2014
We are happy to hear that you really enjoyed the houseboat trip. Thank you so much. Come back soon :)
AvidTrave...
Bengaluru, India
“Simply loved it”
Reviewed 9 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

We were a group of 7 on this House Boat. I wanted to be on a House Boat ever since I had heard about this. Looking at so many reviews from TripAdvisor I was apprehensive about the quality as many said that it really depends on what House Boat (HB) one gets. Luckily for us it was good. The HB was clean, the food was awesome - South Indian for Lunch and North India for Dinner. and the service prompt.
Some small points which could have been better:
We did buy fish on our way but that is a loot. We payed double of what we pay In Bangalore for half a Kg of Surmai or even a tender coconut :-)..Nevertheless its for the fun of it..
They were not flexible with respect to our check out timings as well and we had to get out at 9:15 a.m.
The water was not hot and they said they cannot provide hot water for 7 people (again ok given the weather there but may not be fine with everybody)

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Karthik K
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 9 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Enquired and booked houseboat from Pournami Travels via email/phone. Parvathy was very helpful in clarifying all the queries upfront.

The crew on the houseboat was very accommodating in making small adjustments to the boat ride to suite our requirement.

Food was excellent and the cook went out of his way to make our stay a wonderful experience.

Rooms were clean. AC was working.

Caution: Note that when docked in the evening, the light is going to attract tiny flies even through the mosquito net. This is only in the common area. Rooms are fly free as long as windows are kept closed in the evenings. Also the cable connection will be patchy. So speak to organizers in advance and plan to carry your media/CDs in case you intend to watch/listen anything

Liked best: Food and Customer friendliness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Ernakulam, Kerala, India
Reviewed 23 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
PPSahoo
Jamshedpur, India
“One of the finest Housebot”
Reviewed 18 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

The four bedroom house boat from Pournami houseboat we booked is one of finest houseboat we came across our trip in the backwaters of Allepey. The stay was great. The staffs were good and very helpful. Food provided was very good. The houseboat is well maintained.

We expect the mattress could have been of back support one. It was too soft which made the sleep quality not so good.

Overall stay was great.

Liked best: The houseboat
Liked least: The mattress quality
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
12 Dec 2014
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing