All reviews jungle cambodia nature horizon creatures
Reviewed 26 August 2017

If you have ever wondered what Cambodia would look like if all the NGOs pulled out and all the international aid donations dried up, then the current state of Kep Lodge might offer a few clues. Four years ago this was a fantastic place to stay with an idyllic pool, solid, clean cabins, good food and warm, friendly service. Nowadays the place is frankly a disgrace with dirty rooms, smelly bedding, crumbling infrastructure and feckless management. So, without the help of the international community would Cambodia transform itself into a new Asian tiger, go toe-to-toe with Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam for the tourist dollar? Or would it sit on its fat backside, pick its nose and watch the rain drip through the hole in the roof until the next mealtime? Take a visit to Kep Lodge and draw your own conclusions!

Date of stay: July 2017
4  Thank Flyingmoto
Reviewed 21 February 2017

This place was considere one of the best place to stay in Kep, but since they change management is one of the worst... sad to see they or not up to what they were before. Not the place to stay anymore!

4  Thank ValentinHay
Reviewed 12 February 2017

For the price you pay, the service is really bad and they don't seem to care.
* water in the room was cold and the shower had almost no pressure, just dripping
* when I told the manager about the water, she just shrugged
* no towels at the pool, took several requests to get one and a minimum half hour wait
* old reheated coffee was served
* there was no room cleaning

Room tip: Top rooms have a nice balcony.
2  Thank Karolina R
Reviewed 1 February 2017

My friend and me stayed at this hotel at the end of our southeastasia journey. We were expecting two relaxing, chilled nights in a beautiful resort. Unfortunately it was the opposite. The hotel itself is all! We are pretty sure that the owner changed. The staff was either not around or not interested in what we wanted. Firstly we didnt get the room we booked because they said they are overbooked. Moreover the room we got wasnt clean. They didnt change bed sheet from the customers before and didnt make an effort doing it after we complaint. There was no toilet paper in the bathroom ant the rubbish bin was full. Another point was that the electricity only worked during night time. Its written on the website that you get lots of delicious Swiss food up there. Unfortunately all Swiss dishes disappeared on the menu. Which must be because the owner changed. It would be a really nice lodge but not with the staff working there. They were rude, unfriendly and didnt show an interest for customers at all.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank TatjanaFischer
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

I am extremely disappointed. I arrived by train to Kam Pot then tuk tuk to Kep Lodge so it was about 9pm when I reached the lodge. I had sent a message in advance explaining that I would arrive late. There was a local staff who could not find my name on the computer. I had to do it myself.
No food was available at all that night, no room service, no hot water for the 3 nights I stayed there, the room was filthy: bathroom and toilet had not been cleaned and the bed sheets were disgusting. No need to go on, previous visitors did a good job on that.
Sorry for the poor guy who had built this fantastic place which is just not kept. Sorry not to be able to recommend it any more! It could be paradise.

Trip type: Travelled solo