“Good Food”
Review of Taco Mama

Taco Mama
Ranked #396 of 946 Restaurants in Greensboro
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been here twice since they opened a few months ago Love there shrimp and chick quesadilla. They have great drinks as well and the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The selection of meats and fixings is surprisingly good, and service is quick. You order and pay, then they bring the food to your table. Unlike the rubbery tortillas at most burrito joints, the tortillas at Taco Mama are delicious by themselves, and the guacamole and queso sauce taste good. I wish the salsa were spicier, and I wish the lettuce weren't all of the iceberg variety, but those are quibbles. For a Mexican fast food place, this is close to Chipotle quality and miles ahead of Taco Bell or the usual burrito joint.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My 16 y.o. son and I visited for lunch. The hostess explained that we order at the counter, everything is brought to you full service. He ordered the Fat Boy Burrito basket with no beans and mexican mac n cheese, myself the beef taco basket with queso. Our bill after tax and 2 soft drinks was $26. We were pointed to the drink machine to get cups and drinks. Full service? Oh well, no biggie. Food comes. Queso is like water. Salsa good. Chips super thin, but kind of expected that. Mac n cheese was ok. Taco literally had 4 shreds of cheese on one, and about 8 shreds on the other. Tasted like a taco bell taco honestly. Burrito of course had beans in it anyway. He decided to just scrape them out instead of waiting for a new one (we were otw somewhere). Rice had so much lime in it (cilantro lime as advertised) he said it was hard to eat. Ended up leaving most of the burrito, he ate my 2nd taco, and the "full service" was apparently on break. We refilled our own drinks twuce. Table next to us got their food while we were eating and theirs was wrong too. All in all, probably wont be back. Mediocre taco bell tasting food, price is a bit high, and wasn't impressed for what it is hyped up to be.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited for lunch. The environment is fun and the food was good. We especially enjoyed the pitcher of margarita. We’ll be back.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

A friend loved the new Taco Mama she invited me to go for her second trip the week they opened. We both enjoyed our choices and the grilled shrimp tacos were yummy. The guacamole was not very flavorful so if you like a mild/bland version order a vat. Will be back with my young adult and teenage kids to try again.

Been to Taco Mama? Share your experiences!