All reviewsinfinity poolwater sportscreek roomprivate beachcaptain issadegrees southindian oceanevening entertainmentkilifi creekbuffet stylecrazy golfroom boybeach barrelaxing holidaytable tennissnake showhuge amount
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Henk and Elma are one of the nicest couples around and look after this place really well! Such good value for money - not expensive so don't expect much, but the rooms are nice and simple, they have one of the nicest pools on the coast! Food is average but acceptable! We come here every year and will keep doing so!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2016

We've just got back after a month in Mnarani, a very good stress free holiday right from the point of being picked up at Mombasa airport by the hotel transport. Most of the staff is the same, and its nice to be remembered from last year ( for good reasons I hope ). The food has always been good, but I feel is even better this year - my wife is now suffering from chocolate dessert withdrawal symptons, many thanks to the kitchen staff who now have a friend for life. We made regular use of the Spa which certainly helps with aches and pains at our age, not all the efforts of the animators over the last four years have got us to do water aerobics, but you really should try coconut bowling - provided you don't mind losing to a five year old! The even shows were good, and we were pleased to see that the guitar Men were still there. One thing we learnt this year was that the hotel exchange rate was around 10% better than we could get in Europe.
Will we be going back? Of course we will .

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2016

I attended a cocktail party.

We were received well. They have good facilities with access to the beach. it's located at the Kilifi creek, the beach is not good for swimming, but if you would like to have a cool breeze; it's a nice place to go. I liked the pool though- very calming

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2016

We first visited about 10 to 15 years ago and it was very nice. I was a little reluctant about coming back as I usually find the 2nd time isn't as good.
However this visit has changed that completely.
This place has gone from very nice to excellent.
We had a creek room which was really nice and serviced by John, who every day made sure we had fresh flowers and made the bed in a different way every day for 2 weeks.
We went for the half board buffet option in the restaurant and the choice and quality was excellent, as hard as I tried I always ended up eating a little too much.
The restaurant staff were excellent from the chefs to the waiters, very friendly and relaxed but 100% on the ball. Made each meal a real pleasure. Special thanks to Rickson and MacDonald for looking after us so well.
We had lunch at the beach bar most days and were really looked after by Dida.

A new thing since we came before is 3 Degrees South.
We specifically came to take our RYA level 2 dinghy course having caught the sailing bug this summer.
The centre is run by Anne and Jo.
One may assume that being in Kenya that perhaps the standard of certain things aren't what it they are here in the Uk.
You would actually be correct, at least in my experience, it is of a far far higher standard.
After a couple of sessions on the water, it is very apparent that Anne and Jo are 100% on it.
Before anything happens they are on the radios making sure the safety boat has also seen it (they always had), The safety look out on the jetty is also aware (he always was) which made it a very reassuring place to learn how to sail.
The equipment was in really good condition and was always available.
The instructors Snero, Ali, Athman, Kevin, David and Swalay (sorry if I've spelled someones name incorrectly) were a real pleasure to be around, very relaxed but again 100% on the ball.
Finally Milo the super dog, he really is.
I could go on and on about how much we enjoyed it but to simple say we are going back again in January to do our RYA level 3 hopefully says it all.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2016

I still love this place. Its location overlooking the creek gives me such peace. The space to do anything and everything is hard to find in coast hotels these days. You can jog within the hotel complex and have a good sweat, swim all day long the infinity pool, do water sports or take a boat ride to wherever - I felt spoiled with the choices. I must return for a massage.

The rooms are huge and so are the bathrooms and very well scrubbed and polished - they have lots of wood including the floors. I love the sailor blue bed covers, matching curtains and cushions.

The rooms did not have a TV when I was there in April but I did not miss it one bit.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business