“Fun”
Review of Anakeesta

Anakeesta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Each visit to the Anakeesta theme park is a chance to create your own unique vacation experience. Relax, play, and enjoy the beauty of the Smoky Mountains with your family, all in the magical treetop setting of Firefly Village on Anakeesta Mountain. Admission to Anakeesta includes your scenic Chondola ride to the summit via a 4-person open air chair or a 6-person enclosed cabin and everything that Firefly Village has to offer! From shopping and dining, to our 16 bridge Tree Canopy Walk, Treehouse Village Playground for the kids, Memorial Forest Walk and Vista Garden Walk with interpretive signage, to a relaxing lunch at the Smokehouse BBQ food truck where you can enjoy the gorgeous scenic views. Dueling zipline tickets are additional and can be purchased at the summit of Anakeesta. Gem Mining is also available next to the Treehouse Village Playground. Look for our exciting Rail Runner, the first single-rail mountain coaster in the U.S. to open July 2018!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My kids had fun on the chair lift and the tree canopy walk. I like the fact
that once you pay, you can ride up as many times as you want on the same day.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"cute shops"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First of all there is no way I would ride the chairs because I’m very afraid of heights. I thought the red covered inclosed ones would not be scary. I was wrong. They are very high off the ground and sway alot especially when it has to stop to let someone off or in the inclosed style ones. Once we got to the top it was very pretty and not to bad. There were some nice places to take pictures. We didn’t eat anything but the kids did walk the super long swinging bridge. When we got ready to leave we had to wait a long time because they don’t have very many inclosed cabins. I think they only have 8 and they are spread very far apart. If you are aren’t afraid of heights I think you’ll love it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Anakeesta offers spectacular views of the Great Smoky Mountains while enjoying a burger and beer, shopping or exploring the Tree Canopy Walk. The experience starts with a chondola or ski lift ride to the top. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Anakeesta is new with some growing pains. But know that going in, relax and enjoy yourself.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My hubby and I did this for the views! It was a little pricey for a ride up and down, but overall it ran smoothly! Beautiful views from the top, a little commercialized, but also cool that they had a couple fun gift shops, paces to get ice cream and drinks. I'd recommend a place for hot drinks in colder months (we went in March and was a little chilly). Loved the free tree top walk!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was afraid this would be an overly commercialized Downtown Disney like feel in the mountains, but pleasantly surprised with scenic views, ample free seating, canopy tree top walk, and memorial walk. Yeah, had more store and activities to take money, but can enjoy without spending more or just a little on ice cream or drink.
My only reason for not giving a 5 is the many unfriendly and unsafe workers. When we got on skylift up, they didn't put safety bar (high and unseen above our heads) down or instruct us to pull down. We had major scare when lift stopped and our chair rocked some. When we mentioned to staff, no one cared or apologized.