“25th anniversary Weekend Getaway”

Review of 2 LOVIN' BEARS

The Front Exterior 2 Lovin' Bears
Deck View From Rockers at 2 Lovin' Bears Living Room Overhead View at 2 Lovin' Bears
Check Availability
Air Hockey Table In Game Room at 2 Lovin' Bears
Pool Table In Game Room at 2 Lovin' Bears
Picnic Table on Deck at 2 Lovin' Bears
The View From 2 Lovin' Bears
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ABAO1234
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice but a little unsettling...”
Reviewed 28 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

I booked this trip because it was a special rate for a "deluxe" cabin and was a nice weekend excursion. While the distance from Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg was great, I did not like the drive to the cabin. We drove our minivan there, and I have to say I was a little afraid of the roads. You have to drive on a dark back road for a mile, then drive another 2 miles on curvy, hilly, steep back roads. Lots of blind curves and steep inclines, a little scary for me being from FL, not used to that kind of driving. It was farther off the main path than I had anticipated. I don't recommend trying to find it at night or in winter weather. A sign even mentions that snow chains and 4 wheel drive are recommended. The cabin itself is at the bottom of a steep hill and the driveway is a bit ridiculous. While we could get in and out, it is not great. The cabin itself was VERY clean, I was really pleasantly surprised. It is a small cabin but pretty much what I expected. Nice gas fireplace, the game room loft was in great shape. One thing - the couches are a wreck. Even for a rental they were in horrible shape. Need to be trashed or recovered. The kitchen is pretty well stocked with pots/pans, silverware, plates, cups, etc. The jets in the jacuzzi tub did not work. We did not try the hot-tub. Yes, railings were little shaky but I wasn't worried about my kids falling through, it wasn't that bad. It has a metal roof that is VERY loud when it rains, it kept us up one night. Not to mention the animal sounds we heard above us. Not sure if there was something living in the walls or attic (it doesn't appear to have an attic) but we definitely heard some scurrying back and forth (as well as other strange noises). Sofa beds are naturally uncomfortable so we brought an air mattress that fit in the living room. The view was nice but it was also winter so the trees were bare and didn't block the view - might be a different story in the summer. Bottom line - I felt a little unsettled in this cabin for some reason, can't quite explain it. I would rent from APG again but I would try a different cabin.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Closeness to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg
Liked least: The location of the cabin, hard to find and treacherous driving.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
AL
Reviewed 5 December 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Check-in / front desk
Management Response
5 Dec 2012
Jessica,

I am sorry you didn't like the cabin '2 Lovin' Bears'. It is a popular cabin and typically gets great reviews. Mountain roads can be challenging but to get great views and be in the mountains, you have to travel the roads to get there. I regret that you weren't happy with the cabin you chose but hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your lodging when you visit our area again.
West Virginia

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2012 for a stay in May 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing