My 50th birthday “incredible” celebration with several of my friends fell very short of our expectations given that the amenities advertised simply did not deliver. I also note this cabin is used and abused; no one is caring for this million dollar home as they should. Our concerns were brought to the attention of Summer Payne, the general manager of Patriot Getaways; however, the response received left us feeling dismissed. I note some of the issues posted in other comments (some as long ago as last year), still are outlying. The condition of the house is not due to a “busy season”, rather because no one cares for this home as a home and treat it as a “money maker”. The major issues we dealt with include:
1. The outside theater NEVER worked for us. The directions left are WRONG!
This cabin was chosen specifically for this amenity. The fact that it never worked properly ruined a major part of our vacation experience.
5 ½ days into a 7 day visit, Randy (maintenance man) on his 2nd visit to the cabin figured out the problem. Once he/we got the system to project an image, the projector was misaligned and the image was above the screen. I had to climb on the pillar to move the projector. However, that didn’t help since we were never able to get the audio loud enough to hear above a near whisper.
2. There are several media related issues throughout the cabin. The learning curve to operate any of the equipment is ridiculous due to the lack of detailed instructions to operate any of it (i.e.: master remote does not turn TV’s on and off and are extremely confusing to operate – if you are lucky enough to get them to work; TV remotes are needed to do so). This caused undue stress, frustration and aggravation on a vacation that was supposed to be relaxing.
3. There is no radio or CD player in the cabin. We could not play collection of CD’s brought to enjoy. We did try to use electronic devices; however, the Denon receiver in the living room didn’t read iPods, nor could anyone’s devices connect to it via Bluetooth. As such, we had a vacation void of any music whatsoever, had we known we were not going to be able to listen to music for a week either, we never would have chosen this cabin.
4. Landline phones inoperable – This is a safety and emergency concern.
5. There is no fireplace in any bedroom (so much for romance and ambiance).
6. The picnic tables are in poor, unusable condition & most picnic benches are missing. This rendered a planned picnic impossible.
7. The dart board is inoperable.
As a concerned fellow homeowner, I offered the following list of maintenance concerns with the cabin; however, Ms. Payne didn’t seem very concerned or eager to receive the list – she had to be reminded the list was available & asked for her email address to deliver to her. The list was never sent to her since she didn’t seem to care to receive it
1. **** Gutters & downspouts are clogged, damaged and need repairing and cleaning ASAP ****
- Corner post on main deck (on right facing screen): MASSIVE amount of rainwater flows down post and is rotting it at union to stone pillar.
The rot is severe enough at this point in time that it will most likely lead to structural issues in a few years.
- Railing post on main deck (on left facing screen): same issue.
2. There is evidence of carpenter bees under rail on main deck. Evidence also under picnic table on main deck;
3. Dryer on left does not heat properly; washer on right “squeaks”;
4. Spigot on lower deck is leaking & algae is growing on the deck below it. The hose on the wall next to spigot is damaged beyond use and repair;
It is stated the hot tub is drained and filled after each rental; however, you have to question how that happens when the only house on the property is damaged beyond repair?
5. Door to right of fireplace (main floor) doesn’t open, neither does door to left of fireplace on lower floor;
6. Lock on door to left of fireplace (main floor) “sticks” and is difficult to open at times;
7. Master bedroom (main floor) issues:
a. Ceiling fan: bearings seem to be failing as fan is noisy and shakes a lot;
b. Bathroom sink (nearest door) hot water drip.
c. Shower door broken;
8. Master bedroom on lower floor (below master bedroom on main floor)
a. Shower door broken;
b. Box on floor in closet is wet on bottom;
9. Hot tub cover needs replacement;
10. Stools at kitchen bar broken;
11. We also recommend that directions to the cabin take visitors in a more direct manner using the following route:
- East Parkway to Glades Road to Powdermill Road to Mannis Hollow Road to Loafers Glory Way;
- Sending people in a zig zag motion from Pigeon Forge across a busy parkway and up and around a windy mountain when a safer, straighter route from Gatlinburg is available is bizarre to us. It only takes 5-10 minutes more to get there and will be less stressful on travel days. Folks can take the “scenic route” and learn/see the community once settled.
- Visitors should not be encouraged repeatedly to avoid the use of GPS. Google Maps and other navigation apps do locate the cabin. Instead, it should be recommended address information be loaded into navigation in an area where they know service is available prior to getting into the mountains. Directions are stored and will assist visitors upon arrival.
I can only hope the owners of this cabin read this review and are alerted to the maintenance needs of their home and alerted to the business practices of the company that they have chosen to pair with.
This is a beautifully decorated, spacious home that easily and comfortably accommodated our family of 22. It is reasonably close to many beautiful hikes and downtown Gatlinburg. It is, however, a 10 minute drive up/down the mountain to reach the cabin on a winding, narrow road with lots of turns where few people's phones had service and where GPS is rarely accurate, so be aware of that. The parking situation is far from ideal - one narrow strip that you can park on,not at all meant to accommodate the number of cars that correspond with how many can stay here. Also, if you have kids and hope to send them into the yard, there isn't really one. There were a lot of little issues/inconveniences that made this a bit disappointing for the price, especially when I look at the reviews and see the exact same complaints made a year ago. The home was cleaned well for our stay, but there were many maintenance issues. The shower in the room we stayed in drained poorly and the sliding door on it was not properly fastened to the wall. A railing on the porch was not well attached,which could have been a big safety risk. The fridge leaked. There were broken shelves, a broken microwave. The water stopped running altogether for two brief periods (10 minutes each, as we were cooking dinner for 21), apparently because they were using water from the pump to fill the pool?? The pool itself appeared green and it is quite small for a "community pool" - we had 6 kids swimming in it and that was about as much as could be in there (unless people were just relaxing and not moving at all). Another couple and child came and we felt we were constantly scolding our children to not be splashing/near the other people, which was kind of unavoidable. There were broken chairs at the pool also, and a small waterfall/stone feature that seemed loose. As others have mentioned, the tv remotes were incredibly difficult to sort out (all the guys in our group were "working on it" for probably an hour,lol) and the outdoor movie screen was really cool in theory, but also very challenging to figure out - the directions they provide are not adequate. We had to call maintenance and he came and cleared out a birds nest that was blocking things, but then it still took a lot of fussing and tweaking to get it working right. The hot tub takes a while to get hot so it wasn't hot enough our first night and the buttons are all worn so it is hard to figure out how to work it. Overall, we were focused on enjoying our family and the nature in the area so none of these were big problems, but it is a shame given the price that so much is inadequately maintained.
This place was amazing, just as it's name says. Spectacular views, clean and spacious. We couldn't have asked for more!
The chalet was wonderful ! It was beautifully decorated, it was very well-stocked with everything you could need and our group 12 had a wonderful long weekend there. We liked it so well we canceled plans to go out to dinner and cooked there so we could spend more time in the chalet..we would highly recommend it and plan to book it again next year!
Our large family visited the Incredible in August of 2016. The cabin is beautiful and spacious. We greatly appreciated the private room suites with our large group. I loved the décor and could tell that when the cabin was built and furnished, great attention to detail was given. We used every bedroom and the pull out couches with our large group. We had 10 adults and 10 children from 1 to 19. The boys loved the pool table and everyone spent time in the hot tub. There is a super sound system and outside theater that the kids loved. I debated how many stars to give this cabin as I can't emphasize enough how truly beautiful it is. We did have issues and I don't feel we are extremely picky renters. We read previous reviews about dust and cobwebs - and saw patriot cabin's response regarding "high" cleaning twice a year. There is a beautiful antler chandelier in the center of the great room and I understand that a cabin in the woods will get spider webs and that really didn't bother me at all. However, the pendant lights hanging over the bar area in the kitchen had obviously not been touched in some time. They are in plain sight at eye level and needed a good cleaning. When we opened the pull out couches in the great room, one was full of popcorn kernels and the other couch was broken which made it impossible to sleep on. The master bedroom on the first floor had a broken foam toilet seat with cracks and we had to call to have it replaced (We called twice -after the second call it was replaced on day three). The microwave plate must have been replaced and did not rotate so anything you cooked had to be rotated frequently to prevent burning. The frig was huge and great but it kept leaking and we had to wipe up the water several times per day. We had some major problems with the remotes. We couldn't find the remote to operate the outdoor screen and had to call to have someone come and help us get it going. The remote for the main television in the great room was broken and difficult to get channels. We never did get the sound system completely working - even when we called for assistance, the staff person that came said he could not figure it out. It would have been helpful to have clearer directions or someone to stop by and go over the extensive electronics. The decks on the cabin are spacious and well furnished but the railings have seen better days. They are supported by a few braces and there was tape strung from one pillar to the next. With so many small children we had to be extra carful to keep them away from the edges. The hot tub buttons were worn out and it was almost impossible to change the temp. When we first opened the tub, we had to find a hose to add water as the level was too low. We called for garbage removal on Monday (we had been there since Friday) as the outside bins were full. The cleaning crew only took half of the garbage so by the time we left, we had 5 large bags inside with no where to put them. The community pool was very dirty. There were several broken chairs - tables that had been thrown over the railing around the pool into the woods. The water level dropped so low that the skimmer wasn't working. When I called the help desk said they had other reports but they didn't know when someone would be out to take care of it. Someone did arrive the next day and water was added but there was a continuous film on the water that I couldn't figure out. None of these issues were major - just minor annoyances. Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay. There is not a view with this cabin but it is nestled in the trees and very private and peaceful. I can only imagine the challenge of keeping up with all of these cabins but when you are paying a significant amount your expectations are high. Feels like the management company needs some better check and balance system with the cleaning crew. Perhaps when you call on an issue the company could call or text you back to see if your issues are resolved - that would prevent multiple calls on the same issue. My expectation would be that the cleaning crew should identify issues that need addressed - if you see a broken remote - toilet seat when you are cleaning don't you call to get it taken care of before more quests arrive? Loved the personal pictures of the family who built the cabin and the stories.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|