Reviews (1 400)
1 400 results
All reviews great location space needle within walking distance bed was comfortable the main strip would stay again
11 - 16 of 1 400 reviews
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Great Location... beside space needle and right up from Bubba Gumps. Clean & cozy Room. Me and my husband always stay here when we go to Gatlinburg. Great value for the price. We will be back next year.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gm_micr0tel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule and share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Great value for the price. Great location to main strip. Great view of the mountains. Bed was very comfortable. Shower was always hot with good water flow. Loved the night light in the bathroom (the hair dryer)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 2 November 2018

The location is great,can walk to many places,we were on the 3rd floor which is top floor,I prefer being on top floor when staying in a hotel ,loved our window seat in our room,neat little closed closet area,they have elevators which is a plus,the view from our room was pretty nice,the only thing that to us that would make it better is to have a hot breakfast but they only have limited space and only offer continental breakfast,the value for the price we paid was a great deal for us.

Room tip: Top floor but away from elevators.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Upon entering the hotel, I could tell that it was dated. However, with a Wyndham name, I expected much more than what I got. Especially for the money. My cousin and I drove from two different states to stay here. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk said they don’t normally allow two cars per room, but she would do it “this time”. The paid parking lots on either side of the hotel do not allow overnight parking, so keep that in mind in case you’re planning a multi family vacation, or trying to bring two cars. After checking in, we parked out cars under the hotel and I started to stick my room key into the lock at the parking deck to get in. Little did I know that the lock didn’t work and I almost lost my key inside the lock because it was just hollow inside the card mechanism. We were put in the first room past the check in desk, which was formerly an ADA room, so we heard everyone coming and going all hours of the night. We also heard the TV in the lobby that the front desk clerk was watching movies on all night. Thank goodness I brought ear buds and my phone to listen to music to go to sleep. The room smelled funky, and I was glad I brought air freshener to cover up stench. The breakfast room was tiny and had pretty much nothing other than cereals, juice, and coffee. I’m allergic to milk, so we went out every morning for breakfast. Let’s get down to the room itself... where do I start? Clean sheets.. not really. I had public hair in mine and also two yellow spots that looks like old dried semen. Even after the beds were “turned” after our second day, the “new” sheets had spots like them as well. There were various other hairs on the blankets and in the sheets as well. The mattresses were just “ok”. Our fresh towels and washcloths also contained hair. You could tell that the rooms were sort-of remodeled, but they did a terrible job sanding and painting walls where items had been taken off or moved completely to another spot. Here’s what really got me... the shower floor. Since our room was ADA compliant at some point, the shower was a very large walk in shower with small tiles with grout lines. I knew right then that I couldn’t walk in the shower without shower shoes. I was afraid of getting some type of foot fungus that I wouldn’t be able to get rid of. I walked down to Walgreens to get some bleach cleaner and a scrub brush, hoping I could clean the shower. I could not get enough crud out of the grout to save my life. I let the bleach sit on the tile for a little while, and the amount of grime that was still rinsing away was disgusting. I walked back to Walgreens and bought a pair of flip flops to use to take showers. The exhaust fan doesn’t work in the bathroom, so moisture will covers the floor, counter, toilet, and walls in there while you’re taking a shower, so the whole bathroom appears wet afterwards. That’s breeding grounds for mold. Speaking of which, there was mold on the shower walls that could have been easily cleaned off by housekeeping. The shower head was in dire need of replacing, it was covered with black grime as well.

If you’re planning on using the ice from the second floor ice machine, don’t use it to put in beverages. It doesn’t seem that this hotel cleans their machines at all. We found large chunks of black and gray mold in our ice. Disgusting.

Some other small things that should have been cleaned by housekeeping...
There’s a large mirror behind one of the beds, which had someone else’s oily head impression on it, probably from sitting in bed leaking against it. The light fixtures are also very dusty. How long does it take to clean that? Seconds.

I also want to mention that it seems the front desk staff doesn’t care about their guests. When we got done with an outing, we parked back under the hotel and passed by a car that had one of its doors wide open. We told the lady at the front desk and all she said was “yea I’ve been told multiple times, but nobody will tell me what room number is on their tag”. If you’ve been told multiple times, as someone working for the hotel, shouldn’t you try to check on this yourself? Check to make sure your guests are well taken care of? Or do you just want to sit behind a desk and check people in? Apparently, this employee is lacking in customer service skills.

I don’t believe I will ever stay at this place again. This location truly needs to be inspected by Wyndham, as I do not believe it will meet their company standards.

NOTE: This hotel does not sell Trolley tickets. Make sure you purchase these before your stay if you intend on using the service.

Room tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 797daniel
gm_micr0tel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn & Suite by Wyndham for all your lodging needs. Thank you for bringing to our attention the problems you encountered at out hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We strive to offer you the best possible experience as a guest of our hotel. The issues that were brought to our attention were addressed immediately with the front desk & housekeeper.
It is only through guest feedback that we are able to continually improve upon the accommodations and services that we offer.
We sincerely appreciate your patronage and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future by offering our usual hospitality.
Yours truly,
Ms. DEE

Microtelinn & suite Gatlinburg
865-436-0107

Reviewed 27 October 2018

This was a normal stay at a small hotel. The distance is pretty well centrally located to the main strip and only about a block off the strip. The rooms are small but kept clean even though they are a bit dated. The breakfast leaves something to be desired, but there are plenty of places within walking distance. Our stay was pleasant and reasonably priced for the area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gm_micr0tel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago