All reviews room was clean great location shower head the main strip nice tv within walking distance family owned close to downtown fridge and microwave would stay here again place to sleep c unit hot water pleasant stay three nights pigeon forge motel
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

So to be fair I will list pros first
-the beds are comfy
-the staff members I met on my stay were all nice and accommodating.
-it was close to the strip

Cons
-the floor was dirty-don't take off socks.
-the rooms need a makeover badly there were cigarette burns on the chairs and the overall appearance of the room was just not pleasing.
-there was an air freshener smell when we first came in that was over powering but seemed to fade as we were there longer.
-there were sagging ceiling tiles in the bathroom
-the tv cord was almost torn in half but we arrived early enough that the maintenance man fixed it for us.
-there's no office staff there after 9. We came in one night and our bathroom light had burned out. So you either had to shower in the dark or no privacy. I unplugged the lamp and took it into the bathroom lol
-there was space under the door large enough for bugs to crawl under. You could see light.
-my sheets were turned wrong side out when I got there and had a few hairs on them. But after talking to the really nice cleaning lady I do think they were the hairs of the man that does laundry. The sheets smelled clean.
-the room was very damp and sticky. The kids swam the first night and we hung the beach towels in the room. They never dried after 3 days.
-the air conditioner had a really bad smell if you got close to it.

Overall it just didn't feel clean or safe.
I'm not sure how it gets such high ratings.
Your view is a terrible looking older motel that looks like ppl live there. It's not the worst place I've ever stayed but close. We paid $77 a night. I would call that very reasonable but there were cheaper places we could have stayed that would probably not have been any worse. I can't say I would stay here again.

The photos below are of our view and the bugs we found in the room. The bugs weren't harmful. Just a nuisance.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Lorrie C
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Pros:
Cheap
Very close to strip/the Village
Coffee maker/microwave/fridge in room
Clean pools
Felt safe

Cons:
Noisy (people sitting outside room, cars coming and going, doors slamming)
Smoking outside my room
Stain on pillow
Used bar of soap in shower

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Room very clean and smelled fresh,plenty towels,coffee maker,fridge,hair dryer,but shut off after heating up.Short walk to town on a side street,no problem getting in and out.Good 42 inch flat screen tv,air cond very good.Friendly people that made you feel at home,for the price,well worth it.Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Pros: It’s a couple of short blocks away from the very busy and congested Parkway up the hill. Only a 15 to 20 minute walk to the Gatlinburg Convention Center where we were attending The Gaither Family Festival.

We parked once and didn’t have to move the car until we decided to take a short drive up into the Smoky Mountains.

Clean sheets and towels! Good mattresses. Nice TV, fridge and microwave.

The people at the front desk were very helpful and informative. I’m so glad they suggested we not try to drive to the convention center.

Cons: This is an old hotel and could do with a renovation but this would drive up the price.

No continental breakfast.

Two pools but only one is usable.

~ ~

I would definitely recommend this place to you but just know what you’re getting into after reading what I’ve said above.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
kendall H, Manager at Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us here at The Mountain House Inn! We look forward to see you all again soon !

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Folks, if you are looking for a 5 star resort this ain't your kind of place. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, quiet room to rest your head literally a block or so away from the parkway this is it. Far enough away to be quiet close enough you don't have to drive to downtown. We have stayed here 5 times now and will be back. Nice management, great location, reasonable affordable rates, not to mention loyalty discount. I love staying here. Don't knock it till you try it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
kendall H, Manager at Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for staying with us here at The Mountain House Inn! We look forward to seeing you all again soon!