Reviews (1 126)
1 126 results
All reviews breakfast buffet outdoor pool glass elevator an older hotel the main strip family reunion flat screen tv trolley stop pavilion fall tn fireplace smokies creek
235 - 240 of 1 126 reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2016

We stayed 5 nights and had a bug in our bed EVERY night. Very gross! The roooms seemed clean, so I don't know what their problem is. The TV volume is restricted too low so that you can't hear it clearly from bed. The pool and hot tub were fun, but I won't stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Claudette G, Director of Sales at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay at the Glenstone Lodge. I am shocked to hear about your problem. I see where you had 3 rooms for 5 nights but after further research didn't find any records that you had contacted the front desk to make us aware of the problem you experienced, to be addressed! Your comments will assist us to further improve ourselves for our future visitors. I have reviewed your comments with our management staff and I am sorry. We appreciate you choosing the Glenstone Lodge and hope to host you again when you are next in the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Found this hotel on line on short notice. Found the location and facility very nice. Was welcomed at the front desk. All staff was excellent including the breakfast staff. Breakfast Buffet was excellent. Would return and recommend.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Glenstone Lodge. We are pleased to learn that you found satisfaction with our facility, location and our breakfast buffet cooked to order by the Chef. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Gatlinburg. We appreciate you.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

the Glenstone hotel is large and the rooms are large, they have blowdryers, ironing boards, and a coffe maker in the room, the beds are very comfortable. On the main floor they have a two story tub and a hot tub, the hot tub was great, I spent a lot of time there. there is a elevator to get you to your rooms if your not on the first floor. The trolley stops right at the parking lot which is great if you don't want to pay for high prices for parking.

Room tip: rooms on the third floor are quitier and the ones in the front have a balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Glenstone Lodge. I'm glad you found our hotel enjoyable and convenient to the downtown area and I appreciate your comments. We look forward to hosting you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Needed a room for a one night stop in Gatlinburg as the place we normally stay was booked. But....
1- we were running late getting into town. We had a reservation, but I called ahead to let them know. Got the feeling it was a problem. Was asked well what time was I getting there. My reply was 8 or 9. Their reply OH.... Room was already paid for...
2- The lobby was aged to say the least. The chlorine smell from the pool area was sooo strong, but not enough to cover up the smell of mildew.
3- The room.... We need a handicap accessible room. Must mean there could be any number of health problems right.... Smoking must not be one of them. The room smelled so bad. I pulled out the Frebreeze and coated everything. Brought out one of the candles we had bought and put it to work.
4- The dead bug and dead cricket in the bathroom were just not needed.
5- The bedspread was stained and the blanket was old & scratchy.
6- This room has not been updated. It is in bad need of a remodel.
7- My husband said the breakfast was great. So thumbs up on that
8- I will say I did not complain and I did not look at reviews before we came so it was my own fault. But beware if you plan to stay longer than a night, you might want to check around.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank laurastrickland
glenstonelodge, Webmaster at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 31 October 2016

HORRIBLE HOTEL. "WARNING" "CAUTION" This hotel was probably a "Shining Star" in its time, But that Time has Passed. Built in 1978, it is quite apparent the lack of Maintenance has taken it's toll. Upper Management/Owners are more concerned about saving money than properly maintaining this site. Agreed to a three night stay starting on 10-26-2016. No Hot Water in the Shower. Not insufficient hot water, No Hot Water. Reported to front desk three times. Third Time, assertively requested to speak to manager, face to face. At that point the Hot water issue was solved on the last day. We found Mold Imbedded in the Ice Cubes produced by the Ice Machine. Ice Machines and Water lines need to be cleaned periodically on a routine maintenance schedule. Breakfast and Coffee is provided for an Additional Charge. Most food was cold. Eggs Very Cold on Buffet.

The Lack of Maintenance is apparent in many areas, too numerous to mention. Long Story Short, If you pay more than $10.00 per night at this hotel, you are getting Ripped Off. I would not repeat this stay in this hotel for Love, God or Money. I had to be generous and give this hotel a rating of a "One" because there is no rating of "Zero".

My sympathy goes to the few hardworking employees that have to endure in this atrocious work environment, Day in Day out. Pitiful....

Customer Beware On-Line Photos are Deceiving,
Charles Widmer

Room tip: To Chose a Good Room, Go to Another Hotel!! I truly do not believe room assignment would make a difference.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of our lodge here in Gatlinburg. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations while satisfying so many others. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the overall experience we provide to guests. I sincerely apologize that we let you down and assure you that action is already being taken to make things better for the future. Your experience is not an indication of how we normally do business, and we’ll work to provide a more consistent experience in the future.

Hotel Manager