“Privacy and an awesome view!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Cuddlers View

Cabin in the Smokies
Cuddler's View log cabin
Queen log bed
Enjoy the view
relax in your private and secluded log cabin
Seperate full bath
Shower
Warm and soothing hot tub
Enjoy a hot tub massage
Relax on the deck and enjoy the view
Mountain clouds
Sunshine through the clouds
Rapids on Pigeon River
Covered bridge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
MicahT44
“Okay Cabin, Terrible Experience,”
Reviewed 1 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

I booked this rental as a birthday present / getaway with my fiance. I paid $466 for two nights, which is a lot of money for me, but felt worth it given the beautiful pictures and description of this cabin. At the end of a long week we headed for Gatlinburg with high hopes! Upon arrival however, we found that the power was out, the hot tub was full of sticks and leaves, and the trash can inside was overflowing with old pizza boxes. Not having power was the biggest issue for us, as it meant not stove to cook the ingredients we had brought for a nice dinner, no fridge to keep the food from spoiling, no lights, no shower, and no water. I had spoken by phone with the management several times earlier on the day of our arrival, and they had made no mention that the cabin would not be ready for us. Since there had been a major storm and houses had no power all along the road that we were on, I believe that management knew what we would be arriving to and did not tell us. When we called management upon arriving, we were yelled at almost immediately, and advised to 'enjoy the authentic camping experience.' I love camping, but I wouldn't pay over $200 a night for it. Additionally we were completely unprepared for camping - if we knew there would be no power we would have brought lamps, charcoal, wood, and water. When we mentioned the word refund, the manager shouted us down, hung up on us, and refused to answer any further calls. It was demoralizing and depressing to sit in our dark cabin, that I had worked so hard to pay for, and had such high hopes for, eating bread for dinner. To get yelled at and hung up on by the person who had rented it to us and the person who I thought might be able to make our situation better, was doubly depressing. I don't blame the management for the power being out, but I do fault them for their failure to inform us that the power may be out, their failure to check on the cabin before we arrived, and their complete lack of helpfulness and understanding when we did arrive. I have never written a negative review about anything before, but I have also never been treated so poorly by someone I was purchasing something from. The power came on in the late afternoon of our second day, which definitely made things better, although the hot tub did not work and appeared to be out of order indefinitely. All in all the view from this cabin is good, but I recommend you STAY AWAY from this particular cabin, as I have no faith in the management, and wouldn't wish for anyone to have an experience similar to ours.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
1 Jun 2017
Micah,
I am so sorry about the storm and your cabin not having electricity. We do offer trip insurance which covers all expenses incurred due to cancellations of this nature. Repeat calling to our office will not make the power come on any faster. If you were home and the power went out what would you do? It is no different here.
I will offer you a free night in the same cabin if you would like to come back in 30 days. Patty
Shutterbu...
Berger, Missouri
“Privacy and an awesome view!”
Reviewed 24 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

If you want privacy with a beautiful view and aren't too particular about outdated decor this is the place. First let me say, I don't mean to sound like a snob, I'm not one who complains a lot and is never satisfied, as long as the place is clean I'm usually okay with it. This place was fairly clean, there were cobwebs in the rafters and hard to reach places, that's kind of expected so it really wasn't a big deal. The bedding, floors, towels, sinks, tub, shower all appeared to be clean. I did think the place could use some updating, and it really wouldn't take much. There was a futon that was really the only place to sit besides the bed (there was a card table and chairs in the closet) that really just need o be hauled to a dumpster or burned. I really debated whether to sit on it or not, the mattress wouldn't stay folded in place, it kept sliding down and it looked pretty dirty. The flooring in the bathroom was kind of dark around the edges, I think it was cleaned as good as it could be, but just had years of grime built up. I would personally get rid of the carpeting, the driveway is rock and red dirt, and if it rains it's a mess. It's not an easy drive to get to the place, part of it is just 1 lane and very curvy, we were fortunate to only have met a vehicle 1 time during our stay, they had to back up to the nearest wide spot. I think the kitchen could have had a few more utensils. Because of the drive, if you don't come prepared it's not just an easy trip to the store. Even though it's not far mileage wise to the main road to Gatlinburg it takes a while to get there. I thought I packed what we needed, and food wise we were ok, but I planned on biscuits and gravy for breakfast one morning and I had all the food, but there was no baking sheet for the biscuits. We had to use a skillet (all metal) to bake them, but I didn't bring cooking spray, so they stuck a little, tried to scrub it but there was no scouring pad. So it soaked pretty much all day. Luckily I also brought a couple of large bath towels for when we used the hot tub because there were only 2 small bath towels and a couple of hand towels in the bathroom. The last thing, the mattress on the bed really needs to be replaced, not very comfortable , kind of had a dent in the middle That's the end of the complaints, nothing major just a few annoying things. Now the good part, it was very relaxing which was why we went in three first place. Yes the drive was a little nerve wracking at times but if you want to be in the mountains with privacy and a beautiful view that's the price you pay. Besides, you get used to it after awhile, thank God there's good cell service for the GPS. I love taking pictures so the sunrise views in the morning were a real treat. Sitting in the hot tub in the cool evening air looking up at the stars after a day of hiking was definitely just what the doctor ordered and well worth any minor inconveniences. All in all I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend staying here, just come prepared because you can't just run across the street to the store. And if you're interested in the free tickets to attractions that are advertised in the description make sure to find out If they are included for sure before you go. I booked through Trip Advisor and it had the tickets listed in the description, but when I got to the rental office to inquire about them I was told I was not eligible since I booked through Trip Advisor. I think it's a bit of false advertising on Trip Advisors part and they should remove that part, but who knows where they get the descriptions from they probably copy and paste it from a different rental site. I was only interested in one of the tickets anyway but it still kind of ticked me off, that was one of the things that caught my attention about this listing in the first place.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View and the privacy
Liked least: Dated decor, drive to get to the place
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing