“Great food, great staff!”

Maddox Ranch House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Brigham City
Price range: US$10 - US$39
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Maddox Ranch House has been called "Utah's Original Steakhouse" and "One of the most popular eating places in Utah," and truly has a taste and a style all its own. Maddox Ranch House got started the day Irv & Wilma Maddox opened a small cafe along U.S. Highway 89 in Perry, Utah in August of 1949. Today Maddox is owned and operated by the third and fourth generations of family. Located in Perry, Utah, near the mouth of Sardine Canyon, the Ranch House has a special place in the heart of many Utahns. We offer services and facilities for weddings and wedding receptions, banquets and meeting facilities, online gift certificates, information on our drive-thru and take out services and information on our general Ranch House restaurant.
Reviewed 14 July 2018

This place was amazing. Food was quick and fast, the bread and raspberry butter was plentiful, the chicken was superb. If you have children make sure you get the kids meal. It comes on a frisbee. If you are in the area or passing thru it is worth it.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We've been going to Maddox for several years. Quality of food is always great, even with a pretty diverse menu, and the price is fair for a steakhouse. Excellent steaks, bison, chicken fried steaks, and the raspberry butter on rolls and corn bread is super tasty. It's a popular restaurant, so make sure to get a reservation. Customer service is really good as well.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Maddox is truly my definition of an old fashioned family owned restaurant. The food is outstanding whether you go inside to their lovely, quaint dining room or order take out to bring home. Initially I was concerned about ordering a steak to bring home because I like my food hot (temperature). I don’t know how they do it but I’ve never been disappointed. And of course the fried chicken is something you’ll never ever forget. Again, it’s always hot and never greasy or dry. The hot food is hot and the cold food is cold without exception and always delicious. The rolls are some of the best I’ve ever had. My only criticism is that everything is packed in styrofoam for the take out food. I realize it does a terrific job at maintaining temperature, but it is a huge concern as to the long term effect on our planet. I wish all restaurants that provide take out containers would seek alternatives.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This place is a tradition and a must eat when in Brigham City. The best part are the rolls and raspberry butter! The food is very good and you get a lot. They are famous for their fried chicken, but I love the turkey steak!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Whether you chose the fine dining options inside of their lodge style restaurant or their old style drive in service, where you order and eat your food parked in your car, or you choose to pick up your food at the cute carry out station that you pull up your car to the window and pay and receive your food, it's going to be exceptionally great food. Their food is home made from scratch. Every thing on the menu. And it's organic, no hormones, none of that crap that they're putting in foods these days and you can taste it. The food tastes like it did when I was a kid b/c it's real honest food w/out steroids etc. And every single thing on their menu is mouth watering. I'm not from UT and I've told friends back home about this place and how happy I am that we live within driving distance. My fav is their hormone free range fried chicken and mashed potatoes. We go there at least once a month if not more, it's so good. And on Mother's Day it's a real treat for Mama's to go there but call ahead esp for the fine dining. Yum.