“Fresh juice ”
Review of Pegasus Restaurant

Pegasus Restaurant
Ranked #726 of 5 763 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for breakfast with husband. Service was fast, the food was excellent. Greek omelette for me, cheese omelette over corned beef hash for him. Eggs were cooked perfectly. Hash browns were fried lightly crispy outside, tender inside, made with green peppers. Fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juice topped it off. Very pleasant staff. Large variety to the menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Gosh, it's so good to be able to get an old-fashioned breakfast these days! Eggs, meats, omelets, real hash browns and great selections from the griddle. Super coffee. Wonderful staff. Looked like everyone was from the neighborhood, eating, enjoying themselves and having a wonderful time. Great food. Great energy. Can't ask for more than that!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Food here was above average but service lagged. Could’ve that it was crowded bit I don’t like Slow service. Brunch food was good with egg dishes topping the menu. Will give it another try. Parking is tough

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Cozy place... booth seating for about 45 people plus counter room for 6 more. I had split pea soup plus a cheeseburger for lunch this time, but mainly I go there for breakfast which is usually quite good.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We went here based on the excellent reviews, and were very surprised by how lousy it was. First, the space and the vibe. With a name like Pegasus I expected a cute little brunch place. It’s pretty much a diner, and not a very nice looking one either. I can totally overlook a mediocre space for good food, but the bench in our booth was wet and the table dirty, that’s unacceptable.

Still, the reviews were good, so I expected the food to be excellent. To start with we ordered the iced hot chocolate and the mint lemonade. The iced hot chocolate tasted like chalk. We could not drink it. Usually almost anything with chocolate is palatable, because, you know, chocolate, but it was truly horrible. Thankfully they took it off the check. The mint lemonade was decent, but the presentation was off putting. The mint in the drink was dark green and wilted, the drink just didn’t look refreshing. They would’ve been better off straining the lemonade rather than serving it with tired looking fruits/herbs.

For our entrees we had the peach mascarpone french toast and the eggs benedict. The french toast was incredibly salty. I generally like that play of sweet and salty, especially in breakfast foods, but this was intolerably salty, covering up pretty much all the other flavors. The peaches were not “sliced and simmered” as the menu states, but we’re pretty much an afterthought out of a can. The eggs benedict were more palatable, but nowhere near a good brunch place benedict. First, it’s served on ciabatta. They used the super crusty hard ends of ciabatta bread, which isn’t a very good choice for eggs benedict. Next, I’m not sure what their poaching method is, but these are not your typical poached eggs served on eggs benedict. They look and taste more like sunny side up eggs. The saving grace for the benedict was a little zing in the hollandaise, I actually liked that. The home fries are more akin to hash browns, which I happen to like.

Overall, brunch was a disappointment.

Been to Pegasus Restaurant? Share your experiences!