“A Total Delight”
Review of 45 Bistro

45 Bistro
Ranked #13 of 953 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Stopped in for dinner and everything was just perfect last night. Met by welcoming cheerful staff, seated comfortably right away, water appeared immediately and drink orders taken swiftly. With our wine and beer in hand, the waiter gave us an extensive list of specials to try. My wife opted for shrimp and grits to start and I had the beef carpaccio. Both were terrific and portions generous. I had sea bass for my main and my wife had fried green tomatoes stuffed with crab and goat cheese. AMAZING ! Waiter brought a complementary side of greens which were delicious. Can not praise them enough for a specular dining experience.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a spectacular dinner this past Friday night. From before-dinner cocktails in the cozy bar through an incredible medley of deserts, our foursome enjoyed the best that Savannah has to offer. We started with the escargots, carpaccio and a Boston salad; had a ribeye, grouper and two of the best NY strip steaks I’ve ever tasted! The wine list was good and our server Danny was impeccable. Chef Larry came out multiple times to ensure that everything was on point. This night out was a great dining experience! Can’t wait for my next visit to Savannah.

1  Thank emilecochet
Reviewed 22 September 2018

We came to this restaurant after a local recommended it. It was wonderful,

We had a fabulous beet salad and I loved the carpaccio. My husband found the antipasto pizza a bit salty

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Staying at Marshall House in Savannah. For the first night decided to dine at 45 Bistro which is in the same building. After dinner my wife and I agreed, this will probably end up being our best dining experience in Savannah.

My first impression was the bartender. My wife was enjoying the complimentary wine and cheese at Marshall House while listening to the Harpist. More on that in the hotel review. I asked for an IPA. Bartender recommended a local beer that was very good. Bartender was informative and attentive. On to dinner, our waiter was outstanding. One of the best we have ever had. Friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. We shared the Caprese Salad. Nice that they split it for us on two plates, both nicely presented. We both ordered the Halibut special. Halibut pan seared to perfection over Quinoa with sun dried tomatoes, sautéed asparagus and carrots with a dill cream sauce. Simply outstanding. One of the best seafood dishes ever! The flavors and different textures made this special.

We usually don’t get dessert but wanted to try the blueberry tart. Wow! Loaded with blueberries served with a delicious vanilla bean ice cream.

This was one of the best dining experiences in our 50 plus years. We highly recommend this based on our first visit.

1  Thank ErieRH
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Stayed at the Marshall House and ate here the first night. It was absolutely wonderful. Danny, the manager actually waited on us and everything was superb. It was pretty busy, but there was still a lot of personal attention, we never had to touch our wine bottle, there was never any rush or push to turn the table over; I couldn't have asked for a better dinner. We had the rib-eye, a house specialty, and it was great, cooked to perfection, wonderfully seasoned and sauced, and the sides set it off perfectly.

1  Thank oldguy612018