Reviews (2 120)
2 120 results
All reviews the river stayed at the marriott indoor pool the concierge lounge cargo ships a river view room historic district convention center parking fee southern hospitality riverfront atrium conference bellman balconies riverstreet refrigerator
72 - 77 of 2 120 reviews
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Savannah, as a city is perfection on its own, however the Savannah Marriott RIverfront put cherry on top of stay. From the understated elegance of the entryway and bar, to the awe inspiring, jaw dropping sight of that magnificent atrium with the individual balconies for guests who had booked those rooms. For us, we had chosen a room with a river view, and what view! We were able to open our drapes each day to the lovely sight of the Georgia Queen cruising up and down the river, large freight and chemical barges, things my daughters had never seen.

Then came the fourth. I was to prepared to spend most of the afternoon and evening on the Riverfront, that’s where the festivities had been advertised. We came back to our room for something, and we surprised to see them offering popcorn, cotton candy, face painting, caricatures, a jumpy horse for kids under 10!

I didn’t mention their beautiful, very large, bricked patio, where on any night you can sit quietly and star gaze, sip a cocktail while you watch the river go by, OR check out a memorial to DeSoto that has a very informative plaque and a gigantic head of DeSoto! My teenagers absolutely loved DeSoto

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Rhonda R, Front Office Manager at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Hello Friend.

You just made my day with your review; thank you for taking the time to share.

Our Executive Management team host the 4th of July festivities every year. Best of all, it is always free (except food) so please come back next year to enjoy the fun all over again!

Thanks again for sharing the love online. You rock!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Went here with large family and never felt cramped. The lobby was spectacular. Walking distance to everything. I had the best time and so did my kids. The view was beautiful in the morning and evening. We went in May so the heat was still not too bad - but with the breeze from the river any time of year would work here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Rhonda R, Front Office Manager at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback!

I am so glad to hear that you had a great time in Savannah and at the Savannah Marriott Riverfront. It is fabulous guests, such as yourself, that drives us to provide the best service for our guests.

Don't be a stranger! Come to visit s soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This was our 2nd time visiting Savannah. I’ve read mixed reviews about this place, but decided to give it a try, because I wanted to stay on the riverfront. It was very nice. The bellhop was friendly. We had the option to not use him, but we did. The place was clean. We loved the bar area. The breakfast buffet was good! The Savannah Belle Ferry makes a stop here until 6pm. We found it convenient to walk up the riverfront. Our rooms were clean. The only downside ( and the reason I gave it 4 and not 5 stars), is because of the pool. It’s the most uninviting pool I’ve ever seen at a Marriott!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2018

To start off they were suppose to call us when our room was ready since we got there early (around 2:30pm) and our friend's room was ready, but ours wasn't. They never called. At 4pm I called to check and they told me the room had just gotten finished, which was a lie because it was right next door to my friends room and the cleaning crew had left that area over an hour before. Then the A/C was not getting very cool at all. They sent someone up, but the room stayed at a mediocre temperature. Even though the setting was set to 60 (you think it should have been freezing in there, but nope) the unit ran NON STOP the whole time we were there and barely got cool, not to mention the constant rattling noise made by the AC all day and all night! After coming back from a summer day and night, we tried to take a shower, only to find out the shower filled with water and wasn't draining. We called and they told me that "unfortunately our engineer has left for the night, but we're going to send a runner up with a plunger." So a guy literally knocks on the door, hands us a plunger, and leaves. Finally, the day we leave I call for a luggage cart. I tip the guy for brining it and not 5min later the phone rings with the lead bellhop asking if we're checking out right this minute because they needed the luggage cart. I told him I could call back when we need it, but that it would only be another 10min or so. He assured me that wasn't a problem and they would bring it back as soon as I called. Well, guess what, I called and after waiting almost 20min decided myself, and my sister would try to just carry everything down ourselves (including the luggage of my mother and her friend who are in their 70's). Add to that the main lobby was full of crumbs and dirt all over the carpet our whole stay there and the cleaning lady sitting on the floor in the hall eating food, this place was a joke! Will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey regarding your recent stay at the Savannah Marriott Riverfront.

As a company, we strive to be the best that we can be and to keep our customers both satisfied and happy; unfortunately, we failed in your case. Please know that we have addressed the issues experienced with our executive management team to ensure a better experience for our future guests.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance or if you have additional feedback you would be willing to share, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding night after getting married downtown earlier in the day... what a mistake! While the hotel has been completely renovated, it looks like shoddy work... HUGE crack in the door to the room like it was hung or measured improperly. SO much noise travels through the walls. We had a family with children next door and we could hear EVERYTHING- entire conversations, yelling. Doesn’t exactly set the mood! Everything costs extra money. Parking, breakfast, it’s a little ridiculous. And we booked a room with a view... which we had... if you want a view of the parking lot! Spend a little extra money and stay at one of the boutique inns in Savannah instead and skip this place! We will always remember what a disappointment this place was the night we got married.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelldell56
Rhonda R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for choosing the Savannah Marriott Riverfront as host for your special day. Please accept my sincere apologies that we let you down. I am very sorry for all the issues that occurred and your disappointment in our property and services.
We appreciate your comments, as they allow us to view our hotel from a guest's perspective, and let us know where we are succeeding and where we need improvement.
Congratulations and I wish for you many years of health and happiness in your marriage.
Best regards,