Reviews (2 092)
2 092 results
All reviewsthe riverstayed at the marriottindoor poolthe concierge loungecargo shipsa river view roomhistoric districtconvention centerparking feesouthern hospitalityriverfrontatriumconferencebellmanbalconiesriverstreetrefrigerator
456 - 461 of 2 092 reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2016

We stayed here in July. We stayed here one night. This hotel very spacious, but does not use the space to maximize its potential. It has a big open lobby when you first walk in, however you have to go up the stairs about 15 steps or take the elevator to the second level where the check-in counter is located. Which can be a bit of a hassle, especially with luggage. it is located on the river which was a plus. Our room had a nice Riverview which was very scenic. We loved watching the barges go by.
However, this hotel has been there for very long time and it shows. This place is in need of renovating. My bedroom was not as comfortable as the previous night which also was a Marriott brand on River Street. And also the room decor was very dated.

We went to the bar area which was horrible. The bartender took way too long to wait on us especially because it was not busy. She made one drink and took another 15 minutes to make the other! it was like she was looking for a book or something on how to make this drink. She did not know how to prepare a drink a very simple strawberry daiquiri, which was on their bar menu. When she finally made it, it was so sweet with too much strawberry puree, just awful! I got sick from it later that evening.

Nevertheless, this hotel needs to be updated that is the only way we will return.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Rhon R, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

Please know that we never want to hear that we have disappointed a guest, although from your review, I gather that you found our hotel in need of updating. I am sorry that was your experience but I am happy to tell you that we are anticipating renovations in the coming months! We certainly hope you will stop by and see our progress should your travels bring you back to the Savannah area. We would be honored to provide an exceptional experience for you and your guests. I also want to apologize for your dissatisfaction with the bar service. Our Director of Beverage Operations is investigating and will follow up with training and quality control measures. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention and thank you for choosing Marriott.
Best regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2016

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel, since I normally stay at smaller inns in Savannah when I travel there. That being said, I will say these observations:

1. The staff and service for a large hotel is the best I have ever seen. Seriously. The bellmen and women need to be trainers for all other Marriott hotels so everyone does it as well as this crew. We had 300+ people attend our conference there, all with heavy boxes and tons of luggage, and the hotel service, speed and efficiency outranked my best possible hopes. GREAT STAFF!

2. The management staff and banquet staff - particularly Jennifer - were fabulous at communication and customer service when we did have some issues arise. Great job at customer service.

3. The bar is great, the location is a bit too far down River Street for my personal taste but there is a water taxi that is free that takes people to mid-River street which is great.

4. If you want to eat at the restaurant (Blue), see my other review. I would recommend it for room service, but not for anything to-go.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

room 715 faced bridge. perfect for 2 or 4. balcony. wouldn't pay $30 more for river facing. ask for river view. higher up best. atrium view prb gets noisy. full bar. indoor and outdoor pools but r small. room was good size and had fridge in the cabinet but we were told it didn't have a fridge..... :) pillows are soft and awesome. beds firm but doable. coffee pot. desk. full length mirror. short walking distance to river street. of course river street very "touristy" and some cheap tv shirt souvenirs type shops mixed with nicer ones. wouldn't walk it at night from hotel though. first pic is our balcony view. second is the walk along river. third is balcony at nite.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Hotel needs some upgrade, parking is overpriced at $21 a day, breakfast need more choices, no hot tub on the property, not up to Marriott style, the bar was OK but the staff is very outstanding, close to restaurants and shopping

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank chutch5
Rhon R, Manager at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Dear chutch5,

Thank you for your feedack regarding your recent stay with us at the Savannah Marriott Riverfront. We are happy to announce that our hotel will soon commence renovations in the public areas followed by the guest rooms at the beginning on next year. Although or parking prices are $21/day, they are the cheapest rate for parking for guests staying with us since parking downtown is scarce and private. We are happy to hear that our staff offered that southern hospitality we are known for and that you found our location convenient for your stay. We hope that if your travels bring you back to our city, you'll be inclined to give us another try.

Andres Aguilar
Asst. Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Not only was the hotel itself impeccable, but the staff were extremely polite and helpful. My wife and I were there on our anniversary and we were surprised with Strawberries and champagne. Marriott went out of their way to make us happy. We will only stay here when we go back to Savannah

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple