13 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (4 642)
4 642 results
3 665
3 665
All reviews wine and cheese quiche historic hotel local historian history talk broughton street claw foot tub wood floors within walking distance modern amenities southern hospitality balcony room trip to savannah wonderful hotel perfect location valet parking the entire staff
Selected filters
61 - 66 of 4 642 reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2021

We loved the building, location, staff (all were fantastic), the wine hour every evening and the hot breakfast. For the money spent, Room 323 was a little dated with a small area rug, loud A/C, only 1 comfortable chair and awkward tv location. No coffee machine in room and refrigerator was very small.
Large shower with lots of hot water, and clean bathroom. We are not that picky as long as the bed is good and the room is clean, which it was. Overall we really liked the Marshal House and the library and breakfast atrium.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mitch Linder, General Manager at The Marshall House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review and feedback of your stay! In future, we can put a coffee machine in the room upon request. I would recommend either our King Suite or a Broughton Balcony room for your next visit!

Reviewed 7 May 2021

I travelled alone to see Savannah and go to the beach and stayed at The Marshall House for 4 nights. The location is perfect - a few blocks to the river front for shopping and food, and a few blocks the other way for quieter streets and lovely houses to see. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The "free" breakfast is about what you would expect, nothing special, not B&B quality. The room (217) was clean. It has a high ceiling and windows to the balcony and was more than enough room for me. You crawl out of the window to get to the balcony, and it's a nice semi-private space to watch the street from. The bathroom is small, but not too small for 1 or 2 people staying for a few days. The staff did a good job cleaning daily. I'm not a ghost hunter, and I'm not sure I believe or disbelieve in spirits - but what I can tell you is that something poked me in the back while I was sleeping one night, and then I saw the shadowing image of a young boy standing in the room looking at me. Not in a creepy-do-you-harm sort of way. He was just there, and then gone. So, if you scare easily perhaps it's not the place for you.

The reason I rate sleep a 2 = the pillows are terrible! They collapse into thin hard bricks as soon as you put any weight on them. They really need to get better pillows - if not for those pillows I would rate this place a 5.

Tip: if you have a car, attempt to park it in the garage yourself, ~$17 daily. If you can't get a spot for yourself, the valet service is ~$35 daily. There are many garages around, you just have to get lucky and find one with open spaces.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for choosing the Marshall House for your getaway! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities & historical features of the hotel.

We have just replaced all of the pillows in our room so upon your next visit, we can guarantee a fully relaxing stay! Hopefully, without an additional ghostly visitor!

Reviewed 7 May 2021

Stayed in a room on second floor balcony. Loved it. Great service. Great history. Pretty tasty breakfast included. Beautiful wooden floors and cool connection to civil war. Savannah is a wonderful city.

Date of stay: May 2021
Mitch Linder, General Manager at The Marshall House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Haunted1960~

Thank you so much for staying at the Marshall House and for the wonderful comments! We are so happy you enjoyed your Balcony Room and breakfast. Savannah is truly a beautiful city and we feel very fortunate to call if home!

Thanks again and when your travels bring you back to Savannah please reach out.

Mitch Linder

Reviewed 6 May 2021

What can I say ? Carlton is still there--Head Ambassador of friendliness, and Chief of customer comfort. He was off on Monday when we arrived. A valet named "Mo" greeted us. Somehow, I thought his name was "John", so when he told me his name was "Mo", I said, "now your name is Mo-John" !! We hit it off right away. Friendly, comical, and ready to make your stay a pleasant one, "Mo-John" is a great fit for The Marshall. With Carlton, these two are probably the best one/two combination in customer service in the country.
But it doesn't end there. Tuesday, my friend Carlton was back on the job. We have stayed at The Marshall 4 or 5 times, and Carlton has always led the way in setting the tone for how our stay will be. His love for people, and his quest to make guests feel honored & cared for, is matched by no one else. When he retires, whenever that is, a part of service history will retire with him. He was born for this job--and he is an example for all who follow in his footsteps. If you have never stayed at The Marshall, I suggest you do before he does retire. You can find a comfortable room anywhere. You can find a better deal in many places. But you will only find Carlton at The Marshall !!
Let me move on to the front desk staff. Friendly, courteous, and ready to make guests feel at home, this staff, to a person, is to be commended.
Now, I believe everything rises & falls, on leadership. I got the pleasure of meeting the GM of The Marshall. Mr. Mitch Linder is a quiet man--but always busy. Not hiding behind a desk being the big boss, but on the battle field, with the soldiers. He has an "aire" about him--quiet, competent, and in control. His ability to display this confidence to his staff allows them to be themselves, yet work at a level as to give top level customer service, while still getting their work done. I see him as "confidence under pressure". He is very "up to the job", and his staff plays off his example. I say this as one who worked in several hotels in the Disney area, for over 7 years. Hotels much bigger then The Marshall--but none that could match her staff.
Now, here she is, in 2021, some 170 years old, and still with the beauty, grace, & charm, of a Southern Belle of her vintage. Sure she has wrinkles--age spots--and signs of wear that bear the history of the many roles she has played over the years. But she wears this all well. She is a Lady in a world of little girls.
Visit "The Marshall"--soon !!

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wow!! Thank you for such an AMAZING review!!!

I know this definitely put a smile on Carlton, Mitch, Mo-John's face!! And a good laugh!

They are all absolute gems and we are lucky to have them with us at the Marshall House!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Savannah.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2021

Loved our stay at the Marshall house, great location, convenient to go to many different restaurants and staples of downtown, awesome history and super nice lounge area and breakfast. We enjoyed our stay there and cannot wait to go back, would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for this lovely review!! Glad to hear you enjoyed all the amenities we had to offer!

Whenever you wish to return, give us a direct call! We love to make sure our return guest are properly welcomed back!