Hamilton-Turner Inn
Hyatt.com
US$197
US$188
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$86
Reviews (1 439)
1 439 results
1 234
1 234
All reviewslafayette squareb bevening portnoble jonescookiescarriage houseport wineother guestshomemade granolaevening wineprivate entrancesouthern breakfastbed and breakfastturn down servicebreakfast was deliciousthe main housesouthern hospitality
FilterAll languages
5 - 10 of 1 439 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Inn is beautiful inside and out. The location is ideal, on gorgeous, quiet Lafayette Square. We stayed two nights in a room on the third floor. The room and bathroom were large and comfortable, although the bed and pillows could have been a bit more luxurious. It was quiet up there. The steep stairs did not bother us. We had no trouble finding street parking, although we only had to do it once at arrival since we walked everywhere. The breakfasts were delicious. So far, so good.

The problem was the lack of hospitality at this Inn. We encountered numerous staff during our stay, and they were all subdued and seemed a bit glum. No smiles. No small talk. No warmth. They seemed a bit stingy with the complimentary food and beverage (e.g. putting out 10 cookies in the sitting room in the evening, when there are about 17 rooms at the Inn). My husband repeatedly told me he felt unwelcome and could not wait to check out. At over $500 a night, that’s downright distressing. We had just come from a two night stay at an Inn in Charleston where the staff rolled out the red carpet, so we definitely know what Southern hospitality looks and feels like, and the Hamilton-Turner Inn ain’t it.

Stayed: March 2018
10  Thank K S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Cannot day enough about the fantastic staff at Hamilton-Turner Inn. From the second we arrived they made us feel at home and were always accommodating when we needed some assistance. We were in town for the Annual Tour of Homes, but the best historical home we experienced was this delightful Inn. The breakfast was phenomenal every morning and the service was even better. Would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thanks Hamilton Team!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Looking back, I very much enjoyed my stay at the Hamilton-Turner Inn. My wife booked this Inn for the second leg of our Savannah trip (the first leg was for business). I think if you have a hard time allowing people to wait on you, you may struggle at first here because the attendants are very attentive, but don't worry they will quickly get a sense for what you need and do not excessively hover. The facilities are immaculate, the grounds well-kept, and the Inn overlooks the quiet and beautiful Lafayette Square. This is an amazing location with so much rich history, the staff rise to the high standards set by the owners, and the building is centrally located in the historic downtown district. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this location to friends and family.

Pros: Excellent customer service at all hours, very clean facilities, complimentary gourmet (made following your order) breakfast, morning coffee, hors-d'oeuvres at intervals throughout the day, port wine in the late evening, complimentary toiletries, turn-down service, beautiful view, and so much history... (I should add that they have televisions, but why would I need HBO on a trip to Savannah? And there was a safe in the room, if needed.)

Cons: Walking tours go right by this Inn and they can be loud, funny at times, but intrusive as the latest tour takes place near midnight 7-days a week. Kitchen services are not easily accessible, so if you have medications that need to be stored you will need to arrange this ahead of time. You will not have easy access to a microwave or food storage. The Davenport room did not have closet space, but did have places to hang items in the bathroom. Like in many old homes, the water was challenging to turn up to a high temperature in the shower, and the temperature of the water fluctuated (do not allow anyone to use the bathroom sink or flush the toilet while you are in the shower).

Room Tip: Room in the basement are quiet, do not have windows that open, but do have doors to the outside for quick re-entry.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank OffBeat_Britt
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the most incredible time here! It's a historical house and a stunning, well-maintained property! The staff goes above and beyond! The rooms are cute and comfortable, and we even had our own private entrance/exit. The breakfast every morning was also incredible and different every morning. They were even able to accommodate my friend who is vegetarian. In my opinion, the BEST B&B in Savannah!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We just returned home from a whirlwind two night visit to Savannah for St. Paddy's day weekend.
We had the pleasure of staying at the cozy Hamilton Turner Inn.
Whwn we first arrived to the Inn there was organized chaos everywhere with news crews, tourists and locals walking about.
I was a bit concerned we would not find a convenient place to park the vehicle but fortunately we found a spot that was within a few feet of the hotel.
As we approached the Inn we noticed you can not just walk Inn you have to ring a doorbell for entry.
We were immediately greeted by Jason (I think that's his name ) and given a short tour of the Inn. He gave us options for breakfast and explained all of the complimentary gatherings offered by the hotel. I believe there were two others with the welcome social 5pm -6pm and the Port social which was later in the evening.
The welcome hour was nice with cheese, lite snacks and wine. The hotel also does offer a nightly turn down service if that's important to you.
Jason showed us down to our room which was in what might be called the basement area.
There are about 5-6 rooms in this area.
The room is nice and bathroom is recently uograded.
If you are looking for what some hotels call essentials ; closet, ironing board, then this room is not for you as it doesn't have either of those items.
The room is small but attractive. I don't think the bed sits on a typical bed frame as I was looking for something that fell on the floor and the frame appeared to be different from.what I was used to.
I thought our own private entry in and out of the room was a bonus that some of the other rooms did not offer.
The breakfast was always served hot and fresh with tea, coffee, juice, pastries and fruit. Our server was friendly and welcoming.
All in all it was a great weekend and we would stay at this Historic Inn again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple