“A great recommendation of our hotel.”
Review of Kayak Kafe

Kayak Kafe
Ranked #72 of 968 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Kayak is a Locally-owned Casual restaurant with locations in both the heart of Savannah's Historic District and in Savannah’s Midtown Medical Arts area. Our food is eclectic and fresh and we are consistently rated the Best Place in Town for Fresh Salads, Tacos, Vegetarian and Vegan Cuisine. We have a wide range of great options from Southwestern Wild Shrimp Tacos to Housemade Vegan Burgers with Cashew Cheese to Lime-Chicken Enchiladas to our famous Black-Eyed Pea Burger.
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The bartender of our hotel, Fairfield Inn & Suites recommend Kayak Kafe when we were on the hunt for something light for supper.

A short walk from the hotel brought us to the Kayak Kafe. We each had a half sandwich and soup. Two of us had the special watermelon gazpacho and one had tomato basil.

We each had turkey avocado and Monterey Jack on multigrain bread. We finished every bite. Everything was full of flavor and fresh. The sandwiches were at least three inches thick - filled with meat, cheese and avocado. And the prices were very reasonable.

It was very busy, so our meal took awhile to be delivered, but it was worth the wait.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018

I periodically stop in here while in Savannah on business. The mac and cheese is really good here. This day I was in a rush for lunch and order my food and the bill seemed higher than normal. I asked the young lady had the prices gone up. She read the prices back to me. I went on ahead and paid ( I was in rush and had to go back for another meeting). But because I had questioned the price of my meal and if the prices in this place had gone up (I can understand about food costs going up) not only did I got the cold shoulder from her when my food was brought out plus from another staff member. Maybe next time.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Kayak is always a great meal! Our server, Taylor, made it even more wonderful than usual! Our two-year-old loved her, and so did we! Thank you Taylor, thank you Kayak!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Really good food. They brought all our meal out and realized I had a food allergy to something that wasn't listed on the menu. They immediately took it away and remade my meal. I didnt even need to ask they just took care of it. The prices are reasonable and out of the 4 of us we all enjoyed the meal. My wife said it wasn't exactly what she had expected but it was tasty. I would return again.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

I saw a photo of the lime chicken tacos (3) before I went so I knew exactly what I wanted. They accommodated my no lactose with vegan replacement mozzarella and sour cream. Everything was freshly prepared (no brown avocado in sight) and I had a spicy ginger ale with it $16 great value.

1  Thank fmcar2018