All reviews room was clean patio furniture breakfast host full kitchen an extended stay business traveler check in was quick pull out sofa front desk staff business center next morning nice hotel nice breakfast complimentary breakfast dishwasher pet tps
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel offers a free shuttle and was at the airport within 10 minutes of my request. The trip to he hotel was around 5 minutes. Check-in was quick and there were no issues. For having Platinum status with Marriott, you are allowed one free item from "the pantry." That is everything from a candy bar to a tube of toothpaste to a frozen meal or even a beer. Wifi is free.

ROOM (#312)

The room was mostly clean. There were some carpet stains and also a cracker sitting on the floor in the entryway. If you aren't familiar with the hotel chain, it's more of an extended stay hotel (but doesn't have to be) that provides appliances and such.

There was a king bed with two night stands (provided drawers for storage), pullout sofa couch, TV on top of another storage cabinet, a large desk with drawers and a cabinet with shelves. There were 5 electrical outlet spaces available for electronics. The thermostat worked well.

KITCHEN

The kitchen is sort of an open concept along with the rest of the room. The kitchen shows some wear. My bigger issue was when I pulled out a fork, it was covered in old dried-on food. TWICE.

It provided a stove, microwave, refrigerator and freezer, sink, coffee maker, plates/bowls, pots/pans, silverware, toaster, and dishwasher. There were 4 more spaces available for electronics.

BATHROOM

The main issue with the sink was if I left the water on for more than a short period, the water wouldn't drain and would continue to back-up. Also, with the shower, the water did not get hot enough (and I am not one to take scalding showers).

The bathroom itself had a toilet, sink, shower/bathtub combination, storage drawers, and a hairdryer.

GYM/HOT TUB

When I was there, the hot tub was broken and not available for use. The gym was small and cramped. The phone reception is poor in the gym and I couldn't even stream music on my phone. The gym only has 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, a bench, and dumbbells up to 50 pounds.

BREAKFAST

I didn't get a chance to enjoy the breakfast. I left about 5:30 AM and was told it didn't start until 7 AM (which seems to be pretty late for breakfast to start).

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JonnyBlaze777
karen_mccoy, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Hello JohnnyBlaze777,

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate the good and the bad.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Convenient to I-95 and Airport, with nice staff, but worn and a bit grungy. Near good restaurants and shopping, and acceptable to crash for a night, but you wouldn't want to spend time in the room. Breakfast is passable.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
karen_mccoy, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you, for taking the time to review our hotel. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. The issues that you have mentioned have been shared with the appropriate hotel team members in order to resolve, and improve our hotel. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels being you back to Savannah.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

We wanted to go to the Mighty 8th in Pooler, GA so the location suited us well. Room was very big and nice but a cigarette smell was coming through the vent in the washroom unfortunately. Although this is a non smoking motel, unfortunately their are some people that don't care about rules and regulations and the rest of us non smokers have to endure their stink.

The room is excellent, has a lg fridge and even has a small table to use for in room eating.

I would go back and hopefully this time not be faced with someone who smokes in their room

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Quite frankly, a dump. Certainly not up to Marriott standards!

Room smelled like cats, holes in the bathroom walls, molded trim by the tub, TV was maybe 24 inches...needless to say, my last time here.

C'mon Marriott...you need a quality hotel by the Savannah airport!

Room tip: Choose another hotel!
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
karen_mccoy, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Rob H,

I am sorry you had a poor experience with your stay, we strive to be excellent. We are rated four out five stars, I can only hope you reported this to the front desk so we could have an opportunity to correct it. Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Friendly and professional staff. My room was a good size with kitchen suite and dishes to use. Perfect for the business traveler or for a small family traveling. Plenty of storage and closet space available. Outside the entrance is a small patio with a fireplace and a grilling area. This hotel also offers several rooms that are wheel chair accessible. Very close to the airport but quiet. Definitely on my radar for future stays.

Date of stay: February 2017