“Wonderful Ice Cream”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: No trip to Savannah is complete without a visit to Leopold's Ice Cream! Named One of the Top 10 Ice Cream Parlors in the World, Leopold's is a "Must-Do." You'll love our retro ice cream parlor, complete with old-fashioned soda fountain & friendly soda jerks. You'll also experience a little piece of Hollywood in Savannah as you peruse Stratton Leopold's collection of film posters and props from films he has worked on over his 45 plus years in the movie industry! Leopold's Ice Cream was founded in 1919 by three brothers from Greece. They learned the art of candy and dessert from an uncle who had settled in America. The brothers perfected their secret formulas and created the now world-famous Leopold's VeriBest™ ice cream. Our ice cream is made in historic, Downtown Savannah, one batch at a time, using family recipes handed down from the Leopold brothers. With our full soda fountain menu & more than 28 flavors available at any given time, we've got something just for you!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great ice cream, some of the best I've had! I was extremely skeptical considering the huge line out the door, but wow was it worth it. The flavors were all so rich and creamy. My favorite flavors were the Savannah socialite, caramel swirl, almond cream, pistachio, peanut butter chippy, and the tooti frutti. But honestly I'm sure all of them are great.

My only complaint is the huge line you have to wait in. Their is usually a 25-30 minute (sometimes longer) wait for ice cream. I feel like they could stream line this process and cut the wait time in half if they wanted to. But regardless of the wait, this is extremely good ice cream.
If you want to skip the line they have a Leopold's set up in the Savannah airport, with no line. And it's just as good. Enjoy!

1  Thank WarrenMoonjr
Write a ReviewReviews (9 510)

863 - 867 of 9 515 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Coming from the state of WI, we have lots of great ice cream. This was good ice cream and would say it almost is good as what we have here in WI.

1  Thank Don R
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The line was a little longer than I would like it to be, but at least they offered us water while we waited. Nice customer service! We ordered a banana split and 3 double scoops and it was pretty good. My daughter completely demolished the banana split and the ice cream wasn’t overly sweet. I would return again.

1  Thank Tiffany C
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fun expierence. Good ice cream. Line looks long but they move you through quickly without feeling rushed.

1  Thank jlo22471
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I’m obsessed with this place. The ice cream is really yummy and feels super homemade. Servants are beyond nice every single time, will always have a smile and even engage in conversation with you.

My favorite is butter pecan, you MUST try it. Plus, you can try as many as you want before making up your mind.

The place and restrooms are always clean, the design is vintage and really cool. They are open late, in case you’re craving ice cream at 10pm. Be prepared to wait in line but don’t worry, they’re fast.

1  Thank ceciliasella