“Very good breakfast”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Habersham
Description: Serving hungry devotees since 2007, B. Matthew's is a locally loved hidden gem nestled in historic Savannah, GA. Home of one of the oldest standing taverns in the Southeast, this little eatery boasts impressive accolades, awards, & praise for their Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & Brunch.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband and I ate breakfast here. Very good. I had the Veggie scramble and he had the pancakes. We were both very pleased with our selections and would recommend this restaurant.

Abbey N, Manager at B Matthew's Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you, Linda! We're very happy to hear it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 923)

42 - 46 of 1 923 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

On the day I was leaving Savannah - I wanted one more taste of shrimp and grits. I was pressed for time so I asked the host at B. Matthews if she thought I would have time. She got me seated right away and let my server know about my time restraint. I was quickly served a fantastic shrimp and grits lunch at a very fair price. Great service - great staff !

Thanks for leaving a review! I am happy to hear our staff took excellent care of you and you enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Looked for best spot for our first visit to Savannah. The atmosphere and building were nice. Staff not that friendly and outgoing for a tourist town. The 3 little fried green tomatoes were good. Everything we ordered was good, but the shrimp and grits were a disappointment. The reviews had me expecting the best. These were not that good. The grits were thin and not cheesey and a big pile of collard greens on top that I did not like. They left the tail shell on the shrimp! Overall I would say it was ok, but I was looking for something more memorable. The location is on main Street corner, not on the water as I was hoping.

Angela, it sounds like we missed the mark for you on this visit and I'm disappointed to hear it. I hope you'll give us the opportunity to serve you again during your next visit!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in upon the recommendation of the folks at our Hampton Inn ~ good choice. Food was tasty. Service was good. A nice launching pad for us to plan our day in Savannah.

The folks at Hampton Inn are very good neighbors! Thanks, Marty.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We got right in on a busy Saturday morning, for one of the best breakfasts on the entire trip. It's in an old historic building with so much charm and the staff are super friendly. It did take a while to get our food, but you can tell it's made with love. Fresh squeezed OJ was amazing! And all the food was so delicious, would not want to miss out on this should I return to Savannah in the future.

We hope you do get the chance to come see us again! Thank you!