“Honeymoon in Savannah”
Review of Alligator Soul

Alligator Soul
Reserve with OpenTable
Alligator Soul is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 953 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$26 - US$88
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broughton/State
Transit: There is bus transportation within and without the city limits and the guest would need to contact the City of Savannah for bus routes and schedules.
Description: Alligator Soul is the answer to the question, “Where is the best place to dine while in Savannah?” Located in Savannah’s Downtown District, on historic Telfair Square, Alligator Soul is an upscale, yet unpretentious, restaurant that is decidedly unique among fine dining in Savannah. Whether a longtime resident or first time visitor to Savannah, we offer you and your guests uncompromising quality in food, service and hospitality. Enjoy the distinctive Southern ambiance and regional cuisine with a French-Creole flair while dining below ground in the Colonial cellars. Alligator Soul is known for eclectic Southern dining with a seasonal menu that utilizes farm-fresh ingredients, local day boat fish and grass fed meat. Your full service experience begins with fresh cocktails and continues through the evening with in house made desserts. From all of us at Alligator Soul, we look forward to treating you as our honored guest from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave.
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We jokingly have called our excursion to Savannah as the subterranean cuisine tour. Alligator Soul was a prefect blend of the casual elegant experience. I had the special of bison filet and my wife the mussels. Excellent choices with a very helpful staff. Well worth the cost!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 747)

39 - 43 of 1 747 reviews

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I loved the bar and restaurant. The food was delicious and the service friendly and efficient. The oysters were to die for.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Alligator Soul was the perfect trifecta of excellent service, delicious food and warm ambiance. My mother, husband and I dined there last week, and it was our overall favorite dining experience during our trip to Savannah. We had initially chosen to dine here because of their exotic meats selection, as my husband is extraordinarily carnivorous. We ordered The charcuterie plate, which included bone marrow and pork belly, 2 of his favorite things. He then had the Elk filet, which OMG was the most delicious, tender, perfectly prepared filet I’d ever had. We agreed we would be ok with never eating beef again if we could eat Elk for the rest of our lives. Our wonderful server Yusef’s description of it was on point, especially since we’d never had Elk before. Yusef expertly guided us through the menu, making phenomenal suggestions for every course, including wine. He was knowledgeable, charming and warm, and went above and beyond to accommodate us. Despite all of the delicious entree options, my mom and I were just really craving a light protein and veggies- we had been eating delicious but heavy treats all day, pralines, grits, sticky buns, liege waffles etc. and could not stomach much else, except for maybe an alka-seltzer. Yusef so kindly made this possible for us. Working with the chef they created the perfect dish of grilled shrimp, broccolini and baby roasted potatoes. Everything I had hoped for! I don’t particularly promote ordering “off-menu” in any establishment, it messes up the flow of the kitchen, disregards the chef’s original creations, and can be disruptive to the rest of the staff. But the fact that they so willingly accommodated me, speaks volumes of the caliber of fine dining restaurant they are. A true fine dining restaurant such as Alligator Soul will take every measure to provide for their guest’s happiness, regardless of a chef’s ego or inconvenience. The special service was very much appreciated and we thank you for that! But note to future guests, please don’t go crazy ordering off menu, I just brought up my experience to show how amazing everyone at Alligator Soul was!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We had an exceptional dining experience at Alligator Soul. They were very attentive to my gluten-free dining requirements, even substituting a GF version of the amuse bouche and a savory GF muffin when my dining partner was served bread. The house salad was lovely and every bite of the lamb entree was scrumptious.My dining partner enjoyed the Oysters a la Soul and the Hilbo steak, which is a great choice for those diners who like classic steak house fare taken up a notch. Alas, we did not have room for dessert. Our server was friendly and well informed and I observed a similar style of service at the tables around us. The vibe was sophisticated but relaxed, and patrons just seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves. We would definitely recommend Alligator Soul as a stand-out in a foodie town.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

At dinner here based on reviews and it didn't disappoint. Really cool vibe/atmosphere located below street level. Wasn't sure what to expect but had a great dinner. We both had the Shrimp and Grits and it was fantastic. Had to wait about 20 minutes for a table so we enjoyed a drink at the bar. Probably our best meal during our 6 night stay in Savannah. It's hard to say "best" with all of the good restaurants in Savannah but it was very good. Would go back for sure.