“Disappointed due to Higher Expectations ”
Review of Lady & Sons

Lady & Sons
Ranked #169 of 914 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: America loves the "First Lady of Southern Cooking" Paula Deen and her The Lady & Sons restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. The Lady & Sons had its humble beginnings in June 1989, when Paula and her sons Jamie & Bobby launched the Bag Lady catering company out of her home. Soon after, the family's landmark restaurant opened its doors to much acclaim. The Lady & Sons offers The Lady's Southern Buffet daily for Lunch and Dinner in addition to a full menu packed with Deen Family Signature dishes.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have heard about this restaurant for a long time so I wanted to go there on a recent trip to Savannah. I was really disappointed. First, I had a reservation but had to wait an extra 30 minutes to be seated. The waiting area was extremely crowded. Of course the gift shop is also a waiting area and I’m wondering if the extra wait time was to get you to spend money in the gift shop. The food was served buffet style and honestly it wasn’t seasoned like true Southern food should be. Everything was pretty bland. That shocked me. At best it was good, but not great. The food was more like Golden Corral than true Southern cuisine. I don’t think I’ll ever go back, but if I did I would skip the buffet and order off the menu. The servers were very nice, but the restaurant didn’t meet my expectations.

Lindsay W, Manager at Lady & Sons, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We are sorry to hear about your experience, but we are here to help! Please email us at SBail@dclfood.com so that we can follow up with you personally. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Write a ReviewReviews (9 422)

59 - 63 of 9 422 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a 6:45pm reservation on a Wednesday night in June and arrived a few minutes early. Getting to the desk to check in was difficult due to crowds and then we were directed to another room where we checked in again and was told we would be called once our table was ready. I then noticed I had received a text noting the same. We visited the gift shop and hung out for 30-45 minutes before we were seated. We were then escorted to an elevator and taken to the 2nd floor.

Once on the 2nd floor my husband noticed there was a bar on the 2nd floor yet folks were leaving the building, getting beer down the street and drinking in the waiting area/gift shop. We were seated at an extremely small 4 top up against a wall looking at the extremely small buffet bar. The food looked similar to any $9.99 buffet but with many many fewer choices. The room was horribly HOT and STUFFY. We decided that despite looking forward to eating here, having a reservation, paying $10 to park, waiting 45 minutes, and having to find somewhere else to eat that we were not staying and left.

This place is totally overrated, overcrowded, overpriced and the experience led us to be over it.

1  Thank T-Scout_and_Mom
Lindsay W, Manager at Lady & Sons, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you had a negative experience. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our guests to have, and we would like to look into the issue further. Please email us at SBail@dclfood.com so that we can address your concerns and follow up with you personally.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great service and the fried chicken was amazing! We had the Peach Cobbler for dessert and it was as good as mine..that says a lot from an experienced baker!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Service was friendly and accommodating to our large group. Buffet was picked over and not full. The food was salty and too buttery. Deserts were great however. All were to die for. Sangria was also very good.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everyone raves about this place, so when in Savanna you should stop in and see for yourself. Nice place, service was good and the food was good too. Being from the South and growing up with southern cuisine, I’ve definitely had better southern food, but the crab stew was amazing.