“Waited 30-45 minutes and walked out once seated”
Review of Lady & Sons

Lady & Sons
Ranked #168 of 914 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: America loves the "First Lady of Southern Cooking" Paula Deen and her The Lady & Sons restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. The Lady & Sons had its humble beginnings in June 1989, when Paula and her sons Jamie & Bobby launched the Bag Lady catering company out of her home. Soon after, the family's landmark restaurant opened its doors to much acclaim. The Lady & Sons offers The Lady's Southern Buffet daily for Lunch and Dinner in addition to a full menu packed with Deen Family Signature dishes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a 6:45pm reservation on a Wednesday night in June and arrived a few minutes early. Getting to the desk to check in was difficult due to crowds and then we were directed to another room where we checked in again and was told we would be called once our table was ready. I then noticed I had received a text noting the same. We visited the gift shop and hung out for 30-45 minutes before we were seated. We were then escorted to an elevator and taken to the 2nd floor.

Once on the 2nd floor my husband noticed there was a bar on the 2nd floor yet folks were leaving the building, getting beer down the street and drinking in the waiting area/gift shop. We were seated at an extremely small 4 top up against a wall looking at the extremely small buffet bar. The food looked similar to any $9.99 buffet but with many many fewer choices. The room was horribly HOT and STUFFY. We decided that despite looking forward to eating here, having a reservation, paying $10 to park, waiting 45 minutes, and having to find somewhere else to eat that we were not staying and left.

This place is totally overrated, overcrowded, overpriced and the experience led us to be over it.

1  Thank T-Scout_and_Mom
Lindsay W, Manager at Lady & Sons, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you had a negative experience. This isn’t the kind of experience we want our guests to have, and we would like to look into the issue further. Please email us at SBail@dclfood.com so that we can address your concerns and follow up with you personally.

Write a ReviewReviews (9 425)

63 - 67 of 9 425 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great service and the fried chicken was amazing! We had the Peach Cobbler for dessert and it was as good as mine..that says a lot from an experienced baker!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Service was friendly and accommodating to our large group. Buffet was picked over and not full. The food was salty and too buttery. Deserts were great however. All were to die for. Sangria was also very good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everyone raves about this place, so when in Savanna you should stop in and see for yourself. Nice place, service was good and the food was good too. Being from the South and growing up with southern cuisine, I’ve definitely had better southern food, but the crab stew was amazing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After an 8h drive all I wanted was some good southern food. My motel recommended this restaurant, and even though I was a bit hesitant, thinking this will just be another tourist trip, I went. I did not regret it. They have a southern buffet, but I opted for a la carte and got the shrimp and grits. Initially I was a little upset about the high price ($22 at dinner), but the plate easily fed two people and these were hands down the best shrimp and grits I ever had. The southern lemonade was great, too. The hostesses all seemed to be having a bad day and didn’t smile once, but my amazing server more than made up for that. Also, if you’re a Paula Deen fan, there’s a store attached to the restaurant. I would recommend this place if you’re looking for some good southern food.