“Surprisingly fun!”

Savannah Children's Museum
Ranked #113 of 233 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Exploration Station is the first phase of Savannah Children's Museum. It is a one-acre, completely outdoor exhibit area that has been designed by highly qualified educators to promote learning through play. Programming to integrate a richer educational experience for your family is available daily.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a little bit surprise to see an “outside” museum but it was a really nice experience. We had the opportunity to make a craft project, to play with sand and to build houses with blocks. It remains small though so do not plan to spend the day there.

All reviews
"brick"
in 3 reviews
"structure"

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Well, it’s not that Little...easy to get to and easy to get tickets. Watch out as you make your way out of the ticket shop, there is the train museum as well and you may be walking among trains in motion. It’s a decent walk to the children’s area for small kids (toddler types) and elderly. There are mazes, chalk art, play grounds and toys to play with. Most of the toys are suitable for younger children (under 9ish). There are two train cars available as a changing station and nursing area as well as indoor play that’s out of the sun/heat.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We visited the Savannah Childrens Museum in an attempt to occupy our two year old during our short stay in the city. We were happy with our experience and I would recommend it to other families with small children. It was hot but my daughter enjoyed the misting area and the shaded reading nooks. I appreciated the unique setting and the variety of activities for the children. Two years old may have been a bit young to do some things but I'd say the perfect age for this museum is 3-6.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Maybe, maybe, a 2-3 year old would find something to do here. Beyond that it is incredibly boring. There is almost nothing here of value or interest. I've been to many childrens museums in both large and small cities and this is the only one I'd consider not worth the time.

I appreciate the historical society revamping the railroad this childrens museum is a part of and for that reason the admission price was worth it as a donation to a worthy cause. But not a fun, educational or interesting opportunity for kids.

2  Thank Samco1969
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Coming from Tampa where MOSI and the Tampa Children’s Museum literally blow this monument out of the water, I should have expected less. The brick structure is beyond cool, but what’s inside...is meh! There’s a costume dress up area, a small maze, some gardening areas (which were all dead cuz I went in January) and a few slides. The price doesn’t reflect what the visitor gets. My kids had fun but after about an hour, there wasn’t anything left for them to do.