“Excellent Food & Questionable Service”
Review of a.Lure

a.Lure
Reserve with OpenTable
a.Lure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 924 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. Chef Greg Silver's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements a.lure's rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm-to-fork philosophy is supplemented by thoughtful plating of regionally sourced ingredients, thoughtful presentation and creative flavor combinations. Savannah clams, oysters, local crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the local items on our menu, as well as premium steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had the meatloaf and pork shank and both were excellent. Our server was very attentive and courteous. Our issue was at the end of our dinner. When my wife finished her dinner they removed her plate and I was still eating my dinner (I wouldn't expect this at the high quality restaurant that a.Lure is). As I was still eating, I put down my fork to have a sip of wine and the manager came over and asked to take my plate (which I said I was not finished). I had not put the utensils on the plate in a way to suggest I was finished plus there was probably 1/3 of my entree remaining. I finished my meal and asked for the manager to come to our table. I told him my displeasure of what he did and his response was "we'll look into it." No apology or concern that a customer was not pleased - nothing. He is a real detriment to the high quality of this restaurant!

Alure S, General Manager at a.Lure, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hello Gary and thank you for voicing your concern once again. Unfortunately, a lapse in communication on our part was to blame for your experience. As I mentioned that night to you, we will continue to strive to have better communication between us all that work at a.Lure as well as with our guests. Every grievance is taken with the utmost seriousness by me and the entire staff. I truly love the hospitality business as I love what we do at a.Lure and guest satisfaction is always our goal. I hope we see you and your wife again sometime so that we have the opportunity to rewrite your experience and show you just how well we do what we do.

Giovanni Ramirez
a.Lure

Write a ReviewReviews (1 307)

56 - 60 of 1 307 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We loved this place. They squeezed us in between two bookings. That was with six people. And the service stayed that good during the evening.
The food is an inventive interpretation of southern food. It is more than delicious. Go for it. I find the prices ok for the standing.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Picked this place out of all of the restaurants in Savannah and glad we did. Had the grouper it was delicious even the succotash was amazing which I couldn't believe. We also had the Peas and Carrots - the scallops were unbelievable. We made a great choice.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We came in early after the parade. Our service was wonderful. We ordered. By far the Shrimp and Grits! We also had the seafood pasta, meatloaf and Chicken and Dumplings. Overall great time by all!

Alure S, General Manager at a.Lure, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thanks for the great review. Please come back and eat & drink some more!
Giovanni
a.Lure Restaurant

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We stumbled on this restaurant in our evening walk and found a couple of seats at the bar. Once we were seated in the dining room, it was quaint and friendly. We found ourselves engaged in conversation with other couples. My husband had their signature meatloaf which had a fois gras center which was fabulous. I enjoyed a delicious salad with pears and pecans since I know I get to share my husband’s dinner that he cannot ever finish.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Hope we get to feed your senses again sometime!
Giovanni