Open today: 11:00 - 14:30, 17:00 - 22:30

Reviews (2 889)
2 889 results
1 994
1 994
All reviews flounder blt salad our waiter dining rooms basement bar dining experience anniversary dinner pork tenderloin beautiful restaurant praline basket the wait staff an appetizer collard greens piano player crab cakes southern hospitality visiting savannah
Selected filters
15 - 20 of 2 889 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant offers a menu that is not pretentious, despite its historic surroundings. There are so many familiar southern favorites that have a bit of flair that makes them unique but not too unusual. My husband enjoyed the pork chop and I loved my salmon. The service was efficient but not overly helpful/friendly. We were seated next to a "staging area" and could overhear too many staff members discussing frustrations with their job (or customers that night). Usually, this would have lowered the restaurant score more, but we were watching many of the guests and were stunned by some of the ridiculous behaviors. The only suggestion I do have is that guests should not be allowed to traipse around the restaurant. I completely understand that it is an interesting building, but it is 1. rude to walk around people's tables while they are eating and 2. We are still having a pandemic. Not everyone wants strangers crowding rooms to look at the molding by your table.

Date of experience: April 2021
1  Thank TracyH718
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were too late to get a reservation but arrived early (5pm) and fortunately we were able to get a table in the bar after a 30 minute wait. Highly recommend the, Shrimp, Crab and Sausage Spring roll appetizer, Crispy Fried Lobster Tail and the Crispy Scored Flounder. I think our server may have been new. We were disappointed that our salads arrived after our entrees and the basket of bread we had started on was removed when our entrees were served. My recommendation would be to make reservations well in advance.

Reviewed 25 March 2021

It is most likely haunted. The bar is in the basement. It is dark in this building. The prices are high for what you get. I have balance issues and this place is not really handicap happy. It’s just old. At least in Europe, they actually do remake these old places into something more usable.

Date of experience: October 2020
1  Thank 16London
Reviewed 24 March 2021

It was my first time in Savannah, Georgia, and I fancied a nice restaurant. It wasn't difficult picking The Olde Pink House with such great reviews (locally and nationally).

For starters, we (my wife and I) shared the crab cakes, scallops with fried green tomatoes ("When in Rome", eh!) with an addition of a lobster tail and fried chicken breast. They said it was their signature dish. Absolutely delicious.

For the main course, we shared the Almond Encrusted Tilapia (white fish) with shrimp herb butter, grits (I am not a big fan of grits, but these Geechie Boy grits were flavorsome with nice texture) and mixed beans. We also had The Caramelized Vidalia Onion And Sweet Potato Ravioli with oyster mushrooms and pecan cream sauce. Both dishes were 'to die for'.

Dessert was simply Espresso Martinis, followed by a specific Madeira wine (apologies, the name evades me.). By the way, as a result of picking this wine, our host, Brittney, gave us a talk on the history of the house itself. This ranged from famous politicians attending to how the house has changed through the centuries. Very informative and a nice end to the evening, so order the Madeira!

The atmosphere was friendly. We sat on the top floor with two other groups, who were charming and talkative. This added to our experience.

A 'shout out' to Brittney, our host, who was polite, efficient and well-informed about the food, drinks and the history of the house.

1  Thank Paul E
Reviewed 22 March 2021

We had been looking forward to our Olde Pink House dinner for several weeks, but unfortunately we were disappointed. The appetizer was a home run, I must say--the shrimp and sausage spring roll. Fantastic! My husband enjoyed his porkchop but my Crispy Scored Flounder was just odd. Far too much apricot shallot sauce was just poured over it. It was too sweet and the abundance of sauce kept the fish from actually being crispy. I strongly suggest offering the sauce separately and let the guest determine if they want the fish drowned in it or not. The grits were good but the collards, usually a favorite of mine, were salty to the point of being inedible. The server quickly replaced it with asparagus on my request (also rather salty). All in all, the food presentation was lackluster and only half of our meal was as good as one would expect from this well-established Savannah restaurant.

1  Thank I8463FTchristinas