“Convenient Location”
Review of 1540 Room

1540 Room
Reserve with OpenTable
1540 Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 939 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Description: A culinary style influenced by the people and things that surround this great city, family traditions and local farmers. We believe food brings happiness to others and cooking certainly brings joy to all of us. We hope you enjoy our menu, that showcases the chef's background in Italian cuisine with influences from Latin America, using only fresh ingredients sourced from southern farmers.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This restaurant is inside the DeSoto Hotel. It has a very different kind of menu...smalls, bigs, desserts, for example. The bigs are splitable entrees;the smalls more like a tapas size portion. My steak was cooked just right and was flavorful, but not large enough to share as a meal. There are no greens on the menu. We were with a large party and shared most of what we ordered. The server will bring the items out at the appropriate time. They decide when that is. I think the staff/kitchen is trying to work out some kinks, but they were as accommodating as possible. Most in our party would rate this restaurant as average in terms of the food and service.

1  Thank ellen21203
1540GM, General Manager at 1540 Room, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Hi ellen21203,

I'm glad to hear that your sirloin was cooked perfectly for you. Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Please come in again soon,

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner here on our first night in Savannah. The empanada started was delicious as was the bread plate with the pickled veggies. The pasta was incredible. I had the beet pasta and my husband had a brisket pasta. He then ordered the brisket for his main and it was amazing! I snuck a bite!

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm glad you had a great experience. Please come back next time you're in Savannah!

Emily

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I had been to this restaurant when it first opened after renovations and a new chef installed, but was not that impressed with the offerings. Last week was a second visit with a new chef at the helm and a refined menu. Having enjoyed a starter dish of grilled octopus that was still on the menu, I was advised by our waitress that this dish was even better under the new chef. Unfortunately that was not the case, as the octopus was overly grilled and dry although the flavors carried through. My dinner companion enjoyed the short rib entree but was not overly impressed. Our shared dessert was light and refreshing. With its limited menu and noisy dining room, I doubt if we will return any time soon.

1540GM, General Manager at 1540 Room, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Hi yankeedoodles,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I can't help but notice that this was your third time dining at a restaurant run by Chef Kyle Jacovino. The first time being at The Florence, and the others here, at the 1540 Room. It seems that every time, the style of cuisine, a preparation of a dish, or the layout of the menu has failed to impress you. I admire your willingness to come back, even when a restaurant has missed the mark. If I could say one thing, it is that I wish you would have alerted me sooner, when I would have had the chance to act on the issue at hand.

Should you choose to dine with us again or not, please reach out to me. I'd like to get to know your perspective. We're always looking for ways to make our dining options more approachable and ways to connect with our locals.

Thank you for your continuous feedback,
Emily estamper@1540savannah.com
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2018

1540 Room is a great place! The food and service are first rate. Many fantastic selections on the menu. Our party of six raved about their selections and cocktails.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad you had a great time. Please come back soon and often.

Cheers,
Emily

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Don't let the fact that this is a "hotel restaurant" turn you away. We went on a date night and had an absolutely amazing experience. The server was extremely knowledgeable and even when she didn't know an answer, she came back with one (we asked several times about how some of the food was prepared). Skillet Octopus, Veggie Plate and the Rabbit were out of this world. Fresh, interesting, creative, local ingredients. We will definitely be back.