“Delicious chicken”
Review of The Pirates' House

The Pirates' House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pirates' House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 937 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bay St.
Description: The entire family is sure to enjoy Savannah's most intriguing & historic restaurant. At the Pirates' House, our most precious treasure is the food. Situated in Trustees Garden, merely a scant block from the Savannah River, the Famous Pirates' House is the most historic spot in Georgia. The Herb House, erected in 1734, located inside the Pirates' House, is said to be the oldest house in Georgia. The Pirates' House first opened in 1753 as an inn for seafarers and fast became a meeting point for blood-thirsty pirates & sailors. Enthusiastically recommended by AAA, Food & Wine and Redbook.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We enjoyed the southern cooking, especially all the good vegetables. Sadly, we made pigs of ourselves at this buffet. But I can’t blame the pirates for that!

Write a ReviewReviews (4 977)

191 - 195 of 4 977 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband, son and I visited the Pirate House while in Savannah choosing it as an authentic historical property and for our son's 15th birthday lunch. I ordered the buffet. The buffet was overpriced as all appear to be in town. Restaurant is known for it's fried chicken but I found nothing different or superior to their fried chicken as anywhere else. I had the fried chicken, meatloaf, mashed potatoes (REAL - chunks and skins), gravy, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, and okra. There were more options including green beans, greens, rice and more. The buffet included a slice of key lime pie or bread pudding. The meal was fine, including the bread pudding. There was just nothing worth noting and it was overpriced for what you got.

My husband ordered shrimp and grits. He did not enjoy, would not order again and would not recommend. The shrimp still had shells.

My son ordered chicken tenders and fries. No complaints here; he said the tenders reminded him of the ones at Hardees.

We have no complaints, there were just no standouts and no reason to recommend it to anyone else - oh other than they do have off street parking if you can get it. There was a tour of the property available I was interested in but there was a 15 minute wait and my husband didn't want to walk through the restaurant while folks were eating.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is for everyone. The wait staff, decor, it’s all worth it. We found out about this restaurant while taking a trolley tour.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I wanted to be able to give this restaurant a great rating. I am from savannah and wanted to take my kids back to live the adventure. They ran out of skull cups, pirate patches and took 1 hour to take our order (even after getting up three times) we had to ask the bar tender to take our order. I decided not to order a mixed drink because I couldn’t trust it would come to me in time. We did like the tour with the meal, the food was good, but man where was the southern service?

1  Thank Clutch61
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had my son's 21st birthday dinner at the Pirate's House and it was great. Absolutely no complaints. A private room set up just right. The food orders were all correct and served timely considering we had a party of about 20. Our waitress, Kayleigh was amazing - great personality, smiling, and never got flustered. Highly recommend for any large parties. Outstanding service!