“Wow! Just amazing!”

Charleston Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2 195 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$50 - US$150
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Exeter Street (in the Thomson Prometric Building)
Transit: Next to Harbor East Marina, close to water taxi stops.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not only is this restaurant the best in town with regards to the quality of the meal itself, it also surpasses others due to the high level of customer service. I would definitely recommend it for a romantic dinner, family gathering, graduation party, etc. You will not be disappointed. My husband and I will surely be back soon.

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Charleston and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Cindy Wolf's cooking and to our service staff are wonderful to hear.

Please don't hesitate to be in touch if I may ever be of service at Charleston or at any of our restaurants or shops. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back.

Please like and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date on Charleston.
Please share about your experience on TripAdvisor, Google or Yelp, if you are so inclined.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't even know if I have words to express the service and food at Charleston Restaurant. We had the four course with wine pairing. Each dish was wonderful and presented in such a beautiful way. I just can't say enough great things about this restaurant.

1  Thank DShowers
Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Charleston and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Cindy Wolf's cooking and to our service staff are wonderful to hear.

Please share about your experience on Google or Yelp, if you are so inclined.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We began with a chef's treat of a very tasty artichoke soup. What a way to start. You have a choice from the menu of 3,4,5 or 6 courses and then dessert is included. The wine list is exceptional and we each selected a couple of different wines as with different courses. A couple of white burgundies were wonderful. Along the way we had lentil soup, sea scallop, tenderloin, artichoke risotto, branzino, a salad and the most amazing fried oysters ever. Each dish was superb (and rich). Three courses was plenty for each of us. They also offer and extraordinary cheese cart before dessert. As each dish was served the waiter would describe what was in each dish, which we greatly appreciated. The desserts were outstanding.
We loved the decor in the restaurant. It is a very attractive space. The meal was memorable and one of the better ones we have had anywhere. To top it off, our waitress, Danielle, was exceptionally knowledgeable about the entire menu, the wines and all of the cheeses.

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Charleston and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the delayed response, but I am grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Cindy Wolf's cooking and to our service staff are wonderful to hear. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Danielle.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My husband's boss came in from North Carolina to shadow him for a few days. On the last night he was in, he invited me to join him and my husband for dinner. Living in Baltimore my entire life, this was my first experience with the Charleston. I cannot wait to return. It was simply the most incredible dining experience I have ever had. The wait staff was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. The food was scrumptious. Overall, I think the prices were not extravagant especially for all the "extras" they gave us such as the hors d'oeuvres, the port wine pairing with the soup we ordered, the macaroons and chocolates, and the cookies at the end. Our waiter even brought my husband and I a dessert to share even though we said we were just fine with cappuccinos. I would definitely recommend the lobster soup, the scallops, the rockfish and the PassionFruit Creme Brulee as this is what I had and it was delicious. Our valet had our car waiting for us when we exited the restaurant.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

First of all, let me just say WOW, from the moment that you drop your vehicle off with the complimentary valet you are being pampered and put in a relaxed mood. You walk through the front doors of smoked glass at Charleston and leave the rest of the world behind you.

From the people that greet you inside the door, to the people taking your coat; the entire wait staff is completely geared to ensure that you understand what is available in detail and move around you without you even realizing they are there. They are a well-prepared staff. The ambiance inside Charleston is relaxed and refined without being pretentious; again, the mark of professionals.

The restrooms are very clean and well anointed, the only thing I didn’t like the whole evening was the single ply tissues to blow your nose. They just seemed to be out of place in a restaurant of this caliber which provides high-quality cloths to dry your hands. So instead of a perfect 10, you receive a 9.98…

Now a little about the food. The amuse-bouche of a cup of cream of asparagus was provided to us while we were reviewing the menu. It was perfectly seasoned and the perfect temperature to drink. Charleston’s menu is set up with a number of appetizers, sides and main courses all on a single page. You get the choice to have any number of courses you would like; two, three, four, five or six. Dessert is on a completely different menu and is included with your meal; no additional cost. We each ordered four courses, different soups (lobster bisque and lentils with andouille and tasso ham), both were very rich in your mouth and tasted just like you would expect with huge chunks of lobster in the bisque and flavorful andouille and tasso ham in the lentil. My husband love’s lobster bisque and he has enjoyed lobster bisque at many places, he stated, “This is the best by far of any I have ever eaten.”

Our next course was the pan seared scallop and pan seared foie gras BLT. The presentation was again perfect and each item was perfectly complemented on the plate with different textures and tastes. I know I am not going to do the foie gras justice, but this course was an utter perfection of a decomposed BLT. Again, my husband thought the scallop was seared to perfection and the cauliflower puree and cream sauce with saffron was the perfect complement in taste and presentation.

Our third courses were a mushroom tart and an artichoke risotto. My husband just moaned as he ate the buttery risotto topped with Aged Reggiano. I don’t think I need to say anything else. The mushroom tart was a very savory dish with a wonderfully flaky crust, each flavor complementing the other.

We were almost full by the time our fourth course arrived (grilled quail for me, and lamb rack chop for my husband). Each of these items was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection.

We both had cappuccinos with dessert and the coffee was very good. Chocolate mousse and cassis sorbet for me and a pot de crème with raspberries for my husband; each was very good and as with dinner very balanced in flavors on the plate.
We did not have any wines with dinner but chose cocktails instead. My husband enjoyed his Manhattans made with Belle Meade Bourbon and I enjoyed my cocktail but can’t seem to remember the name and it is not on the menu loaded online, but it included Woodford Reserve Bourbon, egg whites and a sprig of rosemary with orange bitters. Very tasty.

All in all, this is by far the best restaurant in the Baltimore area or Maryland for that matter. I would rate it as one of the best you will find anywhere, and well worth the price you pay. Come and enjoy; you will not be disappointed

2  Thank dgbg100106